“Best Dolphins EVER”
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Dolphins EVER”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I've been swimming with wild dolphins since 1985 and this was my favorite trip! If the dolphins are your focus, as well as a healthy retreat in a sanctuary type, no big frills, setting and atmosphere- this is the trip for you! I highly recommend and HAVE- and will be returning too!!!!! (The pictures Atmo took were great and my friends at home felt like they had been there too)

Room Tip: perfect setting
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I visited WildQuest in April 2008 and although life "happened" to prevent me from returning sooner, I will be returning in the summer of 2012. I always look forward to the WildQuest emails and updates, but although it is a year away, I am already re-living my previous trip in anticipation.....
I can 't describe how much that week meant to me, and how it has sustained me through some difficult times since.
Now I can look forward with joy to another wonderful week with the great people of Wildquest and with the remarkable dolphins who speak to our hearts!

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The tranquil beaches, azure water, soft white sand and dolphins were the notes for a beautiful concerto of interconnected oneness. I maintained eye contact with a bottlenose dolphin clicking and feeding on the bottom of the sea, only to be surprised by a remora behaving like the bumblebee in the Flight of the Bumblebee, doing all it could to attract my attention. The beauty of nature in all her glory sharing the dolphins, an inquisitive remora, and a remarkably caring and respectful crew made for a memorable adventure. Will I go again? YES! Every chance I get!

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank babybeluga1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2011

WildQuest is a beautiful place that I consider a calm amidst the storm in the world. I am able to go there and competely recharge the batteries of my soul. The staff are all extremely loving and caring and take wonderful care of everyone. I felt very safe in the water, even though I am not a strong swimmer, I was able to experience up close moments with the dolphins. The food provided is healthy and delicious. I will for SURE be going back and have had many friends travel to Wildquest who have all had excellent vacations there as well.

Room Tip: I would suggest private room- I am a light sleeper
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank gilltrumbull
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Going to Wildquest for a week & swimming with wild dolphins in the open ocean was something I wanted to do for a long time. I went there hoping to have a good experience but with no expectations. I was a bit nervous being that I was going alone and would not know anyone. I was made comfortable very quickly when we arrived on the island. Everyone met as a group and we were out on boat in search of Dolphins by noon. I sat at the front of the Catamaran and hung my feet over edge as we sailed out from inlet toward the open sea. The first view of the ocean was so spectacular; it's impossible to put into words. I had never seen the turquoise water before except in pictures. It was so beautiful. Immediately upon turning into the ocean, dolphins appeared. It was so unexpected since the staff at Wildquest had told everyone as we arrived not to expect so see dolphins right away. It's not like going to Sea World. In the open ocean sometimes you see them and sometimes you don't. But here they were, a pod of 5 or so were right along side of the boat. Of course everyone was so excited to see them. Then as quickly as they appeared they were gone, it was somber moment as everyone realized this was going to be a very different experience. These magnificent creatures would come and go at their discretion. So we hoped to see them again. After 2-3 hours or so sailing out, the boat turned back for the journey home. No dolphins had appeared. Just about the time everyone resigned themselves to the having just that one sighting, we were surrounded again. The boat stopped, and in the water we went, Snorkeling and free diving with the dolphins. These were bottlenose dolphins. They played and stayed within close range of us. One of the staff ( Atmo) was in the water next to me, and he said "dive Thomas" pointing down. I stuck my head in the water and right below me about 12 feet down was a really large bottlenose dolphin. I was not an experienced snorkeler or diver, but I could swim ok. So I went for it. My dive took me straight down to the ocean floor, within 10-15 feet or so from the dolphin. The waters off the coast of Bimini are quite shallow in some places when you get a couple miles out. As I turned to go back to the surface, the dolphin turned and came up with me. He came up so close to me, I could have touched him he was so close, we stopped for a moment just before the surface and looked at each other straight in the eye. There is nothing I can write here to describe the experience. It was sacred is the closest I can come. I'll never forget that moment, the dark gentle eyes of this creature that seemed to look right thru me. Nothing before or since that moment has such a profound affect on me. Over the week we saw dolphins everyday but 1, and I had lots more fun swimming some young spotted dolphins. On one day three of them had been tailing me for sometime, I could not seem them, but I could hear them. They make a very unique sound, it was very loud and it got louder and louder. I looked up from the water at the boat, people were pointing towards me and shouting. Of course I had no idea what they were saying. As I put my head back in the water, I looked to my left and a little baby dolphin was within inches of my left shoulder, as I turned and looked right, another baby was on my right, as I looked down, another was right below me. They pulled up on me together in total sync with each other. These mischievous youngsters had been toying with me. I am certain they knew I was looking for them as I could hear them but not see them, and when all pulled up next to me, they let me know it had been them along making all that noise! I looked off to the left and saw a large dolphin swimming along with us, no doubt a baby sitter of some sort for these 3 troublemakers. They swam with me for a few minutes, as I turned, they turned; I was part of their pod if only for a few moments. It was magical. The food was great, healthy and I lost a few ponds, I swam over and free dived the Bimini Road. I spent time skinny-dipping in some very secluded beach areas, there is allot of secluded areas on the island. Would I recommend you go to Wildquest? If you are someone that is looking for some serenity and relaxation and a transformational experience I would recommend you go over any other type of vacation. I would recommend you go with no expectations. Take in whatever happens as deep as you can.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank tekathens
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2011

The atmosphere of friendly people and tropical island setting combined with great food and nourishing environment makes my trip(s) some of the best ever. I have been coming almost every year since 2003. Oh yes, the dolphins are way cool too!!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank dianewayne
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This year, I came for the second time- and surely there will be many more returns- as this is the best place to totally recharge myself and have life altering experiences for body, mind and spirt. It is a magical place cared for by people who truly have your wellbeing in mind. Everything is skillfully organized but at the same time there is flexibility to adjust to the individual interests of the group. You meet people from all over the world and you bond with them, your pod members, in surprisingly nurturing ways.
I attribute it to the consistent sensitive way of handling what nature has to offer that the dolphins feel so free to welcome us to swim with them in the water. The gifts you receive from these gracious animals will unfold long after you are back home - that is the life altering part- nobody can escape it. You leave with secret gifts from your dolphin friends that will truly make you a more balanced, happier and healthier person. What are you waiting for? Get biminized and dolphinized! I am counting the days to get back there....
Very child-friendly!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!