“Into the Blue - an exceptional retreat”
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
near Cologne
“Into the Blue - an exceptional retreat”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

It is hard to find, but I found it at Wild Quest... not one note of disharmony from start to finish

On the practical side, an extremely well organized and run retreat, from the time of our collection in Fort Lauderdale to our transport back there again. Bedrooms that had everything you needed and a welcoming flower arrangement. Superb healthy food and snacks throughout the day. The opportunity to do yoga and a meditation nearly everyday and going out on the boat, snorkeling and swimming with the dolphins every day.

The team were 8 wonderful people who provided ''a container'' for us which was a mixture of openness, friendliness, loving acceptance, efficiency and professionalism. On the first day we received various explanations about Wild Quest and their outlook, about dolphins, about the structure for the week and about safety on the boat. All clearly outlined but interspersed with a big portion of humor, which really made me feel at home with the team. It also gave me the feeling I could relax into this space that they were providing, because it seemed like they'd thought of everything. It was also made clear that nothing was ''a must'' the offer of yoga, meditation, days on the boat were optional, we could suit the days to how we felt.

Out on the water, I felt very secure and aware that the team were watchful of what was happening both on the boat and in the water. Help and as much time as was needed was available to those of us who were unsure. An important factor for me was the framework around the encounters with the dolphins, no circus tricks, no chasing and no touching. Amlas explained to us, that these were wild, free creatures, perhaps more intelligent that we are and due respect. I found that the yoga and the meditations provided exactly the right support, bringing me into my body and clearing my awareness in a way that really intensified the experience of meeting the dolphins and of being with my fellow pod members.

My abiding memories of the week... Laughter and Love
For me no aspect was neglected, it was really a body, spirit, mind experience. I felt so blessed, full of awe and love at the opportunity of swimming with these beautiful creatures. I went home with a heart full of love and gratitude for ''our pod'' and memories which thankfully show no tendency to fade.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Prasuna R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Waking up each morning to the beautiful sunrises just outside my window overlooking the bay was an experience beyond belief. The beautiful clear waters to swim in, snorkle in and just enjoy while in search of the dolphins was a dream come true. My life was transformed during my time at Wild Quest with the restful atmosphere and the relaxed way of life on the island. The locals were very friendly and helpful when I was out about the town, and they included me as part of their family. Support, love and energy from others and the dolphins was very present during my wonderful stay at Wild Quest. I look forward to returning very soon. The main building and the beach does not appear to be very handicap accessible, but the staff is very helpful in any way possible.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms are on the bayside and appear to get more rain and winds. The even numbered...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

In July 2011 I too Ben 13 and Freya 11 to Bimini to swim with wild dolphins, we had an amazing time. The weather was sunny and warm, the sea was a fabulous azure and the group of 18 other people incredibly welcoming. The accommodation is comfortable but not overly luxurious, the food delicious (with vegetarian options for my daughter) and the atmosphere incredibly relaxing. Ben and Freya are comfortable swimmers and loved snorkelling and free diving in the warm, clear sea. We went out each day on the catarmaran in the late morning and snorkelled incredible waters, looked for and usually swam with wild dolphins and the awe one feels when a wild animal choses to be so close to you, is almost indescribable but the feeling is quite magical and for anyone tempted...JUST DO IT!!!

Room Tip: A room that looks over the bay is a little more expensive but you are rewarded with amazing sunrises...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sue B
Montreal
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My daughter and I spent a magical week this July with the Wildquest team. It is hard to describe an experience that brings you so deep into life itself. Bimini is a laid back island offering turquoise waters, warm hearts, and a playground for dolphins and beautiful sea creatures to engage with. The center is an oasis of calm and tranquility lovingly maintained by the Wildquest team who are there to greet us, serve and play with us with open hearts. If you have always wanted or wondered how it would be to swim with dolphins this is the place to be. The holistic center is an added bonus offering yoga, art, dance, meditation and much much more. On top of that the food is exceptionally yummy. This is an experience not to be missed.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are always great.... but the ocean is never that far away since the center is righ...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Chur, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 September 2011

i did spent an amazing week in april 2011 on bimini with my friend and many others i didnt know in the beginning. we went out every day with the catamaran and enjoyed the dolphins. they did specially spoil us the first and last day of the week. what a joy to be with them in the water! an experience every dolphin lover should make :-).
thanks tara for the great food :-) thanks sudi for finding my ring.... :-) thanks amlas for the great quantumbreath meditation. thanks atmo for your great movies and pictures. thanks to all the others for looking so well after us :-)
dolphin greetings
geri

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Dietzenbach, Germany
Reviewed 7 September 2011

From the minute we hit the ground of this earth as a human being we get socialiced, we go to school, study and do all these things in order to prepare us best for personal achievements. Unfortunately we learn that we need to get things under control, that we need to follow a certain plan and that we have to fight for what we want to achieve. We forecast the weather and the stock prices and the better we do that the more we are on track. That's how our modern western life works. But it doesn't seem to make us happy.

Honestly spoken, my initial motivation for our trip to Wildquest was to meet the dolphins. Yes, I knew that there might be more but how could I know for sure. We left Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport and saw these pictures of the Hurrikane Irene coming in. And we had two great days on the sea where we had made contact with the dolphins before Irene reached us and the program was cancelled. It was recommended to me that this is gojng to be just another experience and that I should be happy with what we'd seen and that we had almost more intense contact with the dolphins than some other groups in a week. I need to be honest that this did not ease my frustration at this time. I was thinking about our experiences with the dolphins so far and that they did spend some minutes with us before they moved on. I only met with dolphins some 21 years ago at Seaworld in San Diego. That was a completely different story I know. I had stories in my head from people that met with Dolphins in Hawai or in South Africa at places were they do feed the dolphins so that they come back every day almost at the same minute because they were used to it. I had areas in my head telling me what's so entirely wrong with it if they come that way and spend sometimes hours with the people in the water? I had not learned my lessons yet.

We had been given the option to evacuate from the island and it was at that time that I heard my heart saying: "No, go exactly the other way!" So we managed not only to stay but to extend our vacation another week and continue the dolphin program the next monday. This was very much unexpected as normally my schedule is so full that it is almost impossible to free a full week with just a couple of days notice. I think there was a reason why it worked out and we could stay.

From that moment on everything was new, unexpected and unplanned. And I stopped being biased and I understood that I was given this opportunity to take every day as a gift and use it to try out what it has prepared for me and give everything a chance.

We went thru Irene which turned out to be a tropical storm at our spot. We had a swim in the rough sea at peak level of the strom. We went to a massively impressive 2,5 hours gospel church on the Sunday right after the storm. We met just another group of fantastic people on monday morning and went out to to meet the dolphins again and still we didn't know each day if we can actually go or if we have thunderstorms or hard rain or if we meet the dolphins at all. I continued meeting the yoga sessions and the meditations and I received good advice from a fellow guest to make this more successfull to me. And -wham- I felt amounts of energy at this place that I didn't feel ever before in my life. I realised that only because the dolphins are really free in their decision to meet with us the whole thing starts to matter at all.

When you are able to let go and take every experience as just what it is. When you are able to open your heart and soul for the unexpected and the unpredictable. When you stop thinking and calculating and controlling and just be in the moment. When you just do what you want to do against all odds and nevertheless all obsticles, When you receive what your receive from entirely free creatures and beings without any force or slightest means of manipulation. Only then it is true, honest, transforming and touches you right in the center of your body and soul.

I have been touched that way by the people I met at WildQuest. By the people that run this program as well as by other guests that I met. By the nature and the energy of the place, the weather and the sea. And by the spirit and energy of the dolphins! It did give me great learning experiences and it initiated a transformation in me that will make me look at this planet differently compared to how I looked at it two weeks before.

I thank you so much for this. WildQuest is the place were these things can happen. I don't know how soon we will be able to return to Bimini and WildQuest. We have all this bright future with plenty of opportunity to meet again. Until then:

Salaam Mevlana you all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dcmatthias
swanland
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Words are not adequate to describe the fantastic experience of a holiday with the amazing Wildquest team, in their tranquil surroundings and on their beautiful catamaran. On top of that is the breathtaking turquoise sea - and the baracudas, turtles, conch, rays, tropical fish, gentle nurse sharks and, of course, the dolphins. Then the extra curricular activities on hand - not to forget their fantastic cuisine.

For a vacation that will truly change your life, I cannot recommend Wildquest highly enough.

Room Tip: Clean, airy, equipped with essentials, unpretenttious, in keeping with the tranquility of the holida...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!