“Healed, reborn, full of joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Yonkers, New York, United States
“Healed, reborn, full of joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

It is hard to express what my week at Wildquest means for me and did for me. After a few hours I was already relaxing..by the second day I was smiling and by the third I could not stop laughing. I felt bubbled up with joy and re-connected to my true vital self. The love, support and accceptance of the staff as well as the other retreat participants touched me and actually brought tears to my eyes. I shed layers of walls I had built as protection as they were no longer needed. I felt loved and was loving towards myself. The food was the most healthy and best food Ive ever eaten for day after day. Im home two weeks and I have continued to eat healthy and drink tons of water instead of the 8 cups of coffee I had been drinking prior to my trip. Ive given up starbucks in favpr of saving for my return trip 340 days from now that Ive already booked. My family and my collegues can feel a transformation that occured in me. Ive been loved by Dolphins, made whole, recieved their messages and remained open to recieve more. My body felt light and tingled as I absorbed dolphin energy. I became a stonger and more secure swimmer. I learned to snorkle. I swam with 1, 2, 10, 30, 40 dolphins for an hour or more. I was pulled on a line behind the boat through pods of their spotted pink bellies and looked into their eyes. I watched the sun rise and set. I fell asleep to lapping of the waves against the boat 15 feet from my door. I sung. I danced and I loved. Wildquest: Amlas, Atmo, Tara, Vijan, Sukama, Nippun, Terry and Jwala I feel blessed to have connected with you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me my life back. Love and Peace- Susanna

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Susanna F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

A beautiful song that says it all about Wildquest and the Dolphins of Bimini. A priveleged experience beyond words being welcomed by the dolphins into their home and learning life lessons from these beautiful and authentic creatures. Meeting new dolphriends and growing meaningful relationships with kindred souls along with with the love, kindness and generosity of the Wildquest Team - a fine example of teamwork and community life where each one has a role to play and a valued contribution to make. The beauty of the still ocean as the sun rises behind it is a gift to cherish and as for the full moon that rises over the ocean later in the evening is equally spectacular.
Thank you Wildquest and the Dolphins of Bimini for re-igniting my senses to even more of what is out there if we just open ourselves up and allow - I look forward to see you in October 2012 with some of my other pod members and some new ones.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the jetty and the ocean
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne W
Devon, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

If you're ready for it, the possibility of being with dolphins, in their own element and in close proximity to them, can be a life-changing experience, offering the extraordinary opportunity to have real contact with a benign, generous and loving intelligence and wisdom. I will never forget the wonder, awe and joy I felt at being privileged to have such close contact with them.

Whilst this experience was at the 'core' of the trip to Bimini, there is no doubt that the genuine, respectful kindness of the Wildquest team created a nurturing environment for all of us that made the whole week special. We were cared for in ways that felt both imaginative and unintrusive: the wonderful food provided for us, including really good vegetarian options, the yoga and breathwork that was on offer every morning and, above all, a collective generosity that was caring without being over-protective or too 'rules-based' - the freedom to sit on the edge of the boat, and swing my feet over the waves was such a delight! The team took care of us without being intrusive, and that's a delicate and skilful balance to maintain.

I would recommend it without reservation - and would love to join Wildquest again. And my deepest thanks go to the dolphins themselves.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank sue p
Clarkdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

For me a week on and in the water was sheer bliss. This was an incredibly nourishing and healing time for me. The Bimini energies, the water, the dolphins and the WildQuest team joined together in co-creating a week that will be fondly remembered. And, the food was wonderful! Thank you so much. I'm ready to go back for another week.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

A trip that offered such a profound experience. There was so much positive excitement and energy shared throughout the week that it is hard to put into words. WildQuest offered a retreat that allowed for amazing connections both in the water and on land. The team is very warm, loving, and compassionate. I was unsure of the experience because I had fears of the ocean. However, I was able to conquer my fears with the help of the amazing encounters with dolphins and for the staff’s gentle encouragement.

It was truly a life-moving experience and I look forward to going back next year! The experience was perfect for me. The clean and well maintained accommodations, amazing food, time in the ocean making connections with the dolphins and time on the island with our human-pod was all well balanced. The yoga and meditation offerings (which are optional) really added to the retreat for me. Everything runs so efficiently and is well organized. The WIldQuest team is knowledgeable and truly cares about the dolphins and the environment. It is a very loving, fun and safe environment.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
near Cologne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

It is hard to find, but I found it at Wild Quest... not one note of disharmony from start to finish

On the practical side, an extremely well organized and run retreat, from the time of our collection in Fort Lauderdale to our transport back there again. Bedrooms that had everything you needed and a welcoming flower arrangement. Superb healthy food and snacks throughout the day. The opportunity to do yoga and a meditation nearly everyday and going out on the boat, snorkeling and swimming with the dolphins every day.

The team were 8 wonderful people who provided ''a container'' for us which was a mixture of openness, friendliness, loving acceptance, efficiency and professionalism. On the first day we received various explanations about Wild Quest and their outlook, about dolphins, about the structure for the week and about safety on the boat. All clearly outlined but interspersed with a big portion of humor, which really made me feel at home with the team. It also gave me the feeling I could relax into this space that they were providing, because it seemed like they'd thought of everything. It was also made clear that nothing was ''a must'' the offer of yoga, meditation, days on the boat were optional, we could suit the days to how we felt.

Out on the water, I felt very secure and aware that the team were watchful of what was happening both on the boat and in the water. Help and as much time as was needed was available to those of us who were unsure. An important factor for me was the framework around the encounters with the dolphins, no circus tricks, no chasing and no touching. Amlas explained to us, that these were wild, free creatures, perhaps more intelligent that we are and due respect. I found that the yoga and the meditations provided exactly the right support, bringing me into my body and clearing my awareness in a way that really intensified the experience of meeting the dolphins and of being with my fellow pod members.

My abiding memories of the week... Laughter and Love
For me no aspect was neglected, it was really a body, spirit, mind experience. I felt so blessed, full of awe and love at the opportunity of swimming with these beautiful creatures. I went home with a heart full of love and gratitude for ''our pod'' and memories which thankfully show no tendency to fade.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Prasuna R
Indian Orchard, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Waking up each morning to the beautiful sunrises just outside my window overlooking the bay was an experience beyond belief. The beautiful clear waters to swim in, snorkle in and just enjoy while in search of the dolphins was a dream come true. My life was transformed during my time at Wild Quest with the restful atmosphere and the relaxed way of life on the island. The locals were very friendly and helpful when I was out about the town, and they included me as part of their family. Support, love and energy from others and the dolphins was very present during my wonderful stay at Wild Quest. I look forward to returning very soon. The main building and the beach does not appear to be very handicap accessible, but the staff is very helpful in any way possible.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms are on the bayside and appear to get more rain and winds. The even numbered...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#3 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!