“Words can only point the way”
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Words can only point the way”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I shared a fabulous week with my best friend from 8th grade. she had been to WildQuest before and loved it. We went together and had the most amazing experience of my life. full moon week, multiple dolphin encounters every day, terrific snorkeling. the food is amazing, the staff is loving and kind, the massage and energy therapists were top notch. I loved the yoga and mediation every morning looking out over the most amazing blue/green water. I can't wait to go back. this was a life changing experience.

Room Tip: pay extra for water front room
1 Thank PS60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ottawa
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Amazing! Everything was amazing - the food, the people, the place, the dolphins. A truly transformational experience.

1 Thank AnjaliMac
Levittown, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2012

In addition to swimming with the most beautiful creatures on earth, this was a trust journey and retreat.The two fascillitators (Lou and Lydie) were outstanding, and the staff were amazing. I felt safe, EXTREMELY well fed (G-od Bless Tara) and very much loved. It was a life changing experience that if you are opened to, will be a blessing for you forever. Every staff member exudes joy ,and excellence in their personal being ,and makes you feel like a part of their family. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Shari C
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Mystical experiences are impossible to articulate in 3d words. That being said here is my best effort. Amlas, Atmo and their amazing team (that is WILDQUEST) have created a place to just BE. From the moment they greet you at the airport to the moment they drop you off they all show up in a space of excellence so you can experience the journey of a lifetime. Oh and on top of that they take you out daily to swim with undomesticated sentient beings. The Dolphins.
if you are looking for the human dolphin connection, look no farther. Just say yes.
Enjoy the journey and Abundant Blessings
Louis Corleto
www.TheCenterForLifeExpression.com

1 Thank The-Center-For-Life
Toronto
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This review is a long time coming!

I went on the 1 week dolphin swim tour with WildQuest several years ago, and I had a wonderful experience.

I chose WQ because I wanted a more spiritual experience. I didn't want to go dolphin chasing, and I wanted to be with people who respect the Dolphin. It was my first dolphin swim trip and, frankly, I was turned off by the websites of other dolphin swim providers because they seemed way too commercial.

The Good Stuff

1. Respect for the dolphins. The WQ team was very careful to teach us dolphin etiquette and didn't seem pressured to 'find' dolphins. We had a great time on the boat regardless of whether or not we had dolphin encounters - which we did! The team was very knowledgeable and I felt safe with them in and out of the water.

2. The food. It was mostly vegan/vegetarian and very healthy. It felt more like a camp-style, pack your own lunch. I always had enough food to eat, and when I wanted alcohol I could go to the hotel nearby. The one night we went to the nearby restaurant, I ate conch.. really good... it was nice to be in the village a little bit.

3. The space. The room was huge, not swanky, just the basics. A big bed, a chest of drawers, a night table, a closet, a bathroom. I didn't have an oceanside view, but I heard those were nice. It met my needs just fine.

4. The Yoga.. it was really good, and the circle time that we spent as a group was great.

5. The team. Great, beautiful, wonderful people. I left, feeling like I'd made some great relationships. I think of the team from time to time, and long to go back to see how they are all doing. Just a wonderful, open bunch!

6. The video and photographs! So great to have a recording of me and the group swimming with the dolphins! and pictures! It was well worth the money, and very meditative.

The Not-so-Good

1. Choose your week wisely. I went on a family week. I loved being around the kids, but I found that there were no single adults there like me. The next time I go, I won't go on the family trip.

2. Minimal interaction with the village. As a Black woman, I'm very sensitive to the relationship between tourists and locals. We felt very 'carved off' from the community - quite like resorts and hotels are. Although the crew makes an effort to support the local community, I still felt that there was a wall between us - not a lot of encouragement or time to leave the walls of the place. Next time, I'll make the effort to engage with the community.

3. The welcome dinner at the hotel when we arrived. It was mostly administrative. It would have been great to have more of a facilitated activity to meet people before spending time with the dolphins. Next time, I'd like to spend more time getting to know people at the dinner!

I really enjoyed WildQuest, and will be back someday!

Room Tip: I heard that the oceanside rooms were worth the extra quid.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank wombknower
Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was my 4th visit to WildQuest and without a doubt the best week ever! Dolphin interactions at least once, sometimes twice, every day. Got to snorkel new reefs - Rainbow Reef and North Rock and see sharks there. It was the most AMAZING week of all my trips to Bimini.
As always, the staff goes above and beyond to help you and make your time with them the best possible experience. The food is absolutely delicious, healthy and bountiful. The accommodations are clean and well appointed to meet your needs. Everyone on staff does all in their power to see that each participant gets to interact personally with the dolphin. Atmo's photos and videos (purchase at end of week) are stunning, amazing, and evocative. They are something you can watch and relive the special moments of the trip and your pod members for the week.
I now remember why I prefer the live on land option - first I can have a room to myself (extra charge), second I can get up at the crack of dawn and walk down to the beautiful beach to swim, walk, take pictures, and meditate in solitude, third I can get into town if I chose to to shop, visit the dolphin house and Mr. Saunders, four I can interact with the locals, hitchhike and go to a store to buy Ginger Beer or any other treat I want, five I can partake in all the extra activities that WildQuest offers, such as morning yoga, quantum light breath, and chakra meditations. In short, it is a much fuller and more well rounded experience for me than on a live aboard trip.
Everything is organized and runs smoothly without seeming to be so - there is a flow to it that just works on all levels.
After this experience, I have made my decision - WildQuest ALL THE WAY for me! Always.
Already scraping together the $$ to make it back there again last year.
You come home filled with so much love and joy that it is worth every penny.
If you want the perfect trip to swim with the wild bottlenose and atlantic spotted dolphins, do yourself a favor and look no farther than WildQuest. I guarantee that you will not be sorry!
Big Love for the staff, food, activities, and beach.

Room Tip: All rooms in the lodge building are excellent. Bayside is beautiful but requires an upgrade payment...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank TigerlilyDolphinGal
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2012

If you want to add to your life experiences in the most amazing and astonishing way, take the time to experience Bimini, Bahamas with hosts Amlas and Atmo and their amazing staff at WildQuest. Not only was swimming with the wild dolphin pod daily life altering, the human pod from all over the world became "forever" friends.

In addition to all the fantastic wonders above, if you want to experience some of the most amazing snorkeling I have ever seen (and I have been many places), the clearest sparkling water and white sandy beaches, swimming above the Bimini road (Atlantis), dancing, singing, yoga and meditation take a look at their site.

I loved this sooooo much I am planning my 50th birthday party there. Also, if you are solo, like many of us were on this trip (male or female) no problem.... many on this trip are travelers who are experiencing life and adventure and they quickly and easily become part of the human pod.

Room Tip: Accomodation can be shared with that new friend you just met, or you can request a solo room. Eithe...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LivingLovingLearning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!