“Truly once-in-a-lifetime experience!”
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Berthoud, Colorado
“Truly once-in-a-lifetime experience!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Amlas and Atmo, who own Wildquest, have been doing this for awhile--and it shows. All the staff are very positive, helpful, and expend a lot of energy to assure the guests have the best experience possible--with the dolphins and otherwise. The rooms are basic and clean, with all essential amenities. No TV, no phone, and spotty Wi-Fi. This is a place you go to in order to disconnect from everyday hectic lives, and to get in touch with another side of yourself--through the dolphins and the relaxed energy of the island.

The weather was warm, but pleasant for us in late October. The Wildquest catamaran is lovely and boasts a sail for times this is appropriate. The staff are incredibly patient and vigilant--spending literally hours up top with binoculars, scanning the ocean for signs of dolphins. We saw dolphins 4 out of 5 days. On the last day we swam in the midst of a large pod of dolphins. The staff dive deep into the ocean to help attract the dolphins and encourage them to stick around. Everything is done with respect for the fact that these are wild dolphins, and we should do nothing to interfere with their wildness.

This is the sort of adventure where you get get out of it in proportion to what you bring to it. Certainly everything about Wildquest is geared towards optimizing your experience. The food is delicious, plentiful, and lovingly prepared. I should perhaps mention that I'm a huge meat-eater, but did not feel unfulfilled in any way with the offerings on the dinner table. The meals are not strictly vegetarian. I can't remember when I've slept through the night for ten hours, but I seemed to have no trouble doing so at Wildquest. The sea air? The relaxed atmosphere? Nothing else to do at night?

Wildquest has the feel of being a home-away-from-home, rather than a resort hotel. Be prepared for no daily maid service, but if you want additional towels, just ask. Many others have returned to Wildquest many times, and it's easy to see why:)

Room Tip: All the homes/buildings on the island are very close together. One night there was very loud music...
1 Thank Chaps60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

What can we say when it has all been said already? For one thing, what started out to be a one week vacation on a wild dolphin retreat with WildQuest, turned out to be a life changing experience for myself, Mar, and my spouse Rosie. The entire staff/crew are completely intuitive to and with the dolphin way of living life, which we learned through meditation and swimming with wild dolphins is --- to live in the moment, be happy, be joyeous, keep smiling and always emit your love and inner peace.

The staff explored the Altantic with us, leading us to pods of dolphins with their smiling faces (both the divers and the dolphins). We were lost in a new world of oneness with them. Just follow the excellent staff who dove deep and were just like dolphins with masks. Any aches, pains, negativity or problems you brought with you were lost in the serenity.

Going with friends, and most especially, a very good friend who is an animal communicator, truly made all the difference, She communicated for weeks before we arrived and yes, the dolphins were calling us to the ocean on the first day. The amazing staff was so happy for us. It was beyond magic or any belief of what you thought heaven might be. Rosie and I were truly at peace, and the energy and/or massage treatments from the staff added to the mystical, metaphysical journey.

We have swum with dolphins in captivity 3 times and due to WildQuest we will never do that again. We will return to Bimini for a follow-up retreat and continue to be at joy and peace and forever friends with the dolphins and WildQuest .

Thank you Amlas and Atmo and thank your beautiful staff for a week of bliss.
Oh and the vegetarian, healthy food was icing on the cake.
And special thanks to you Pattie for our People Pod.

Snorkeling in Forever Friendship,
Marosie,
Fort Myers Florida

1 Thank BetaMarosie S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

From the time I found this place on the Internet, it's been a dream come true to come here and have a WildQuest experience. With no expectations as to what it would be like, I had the best time and getaways of my life! Of course the main reason for visiting is to swim with the dolphins and was not disappointed. Their energy is contagious, and I feel the staff have qualities that emulate the dolphin behaviors-what a gift! Everything about this trip, the place, people, food, weather, and so much more are divine and full of love. I consider myself to be a peaceful person but this has brought more peace to me and opened my heart to a new way of feeling. I enjoyed and appreciated the simplistic way of life and ideals this retreat offered. I definitely want to return and would recommend WildQuest to everybody. My only complaint is that it wasn't a long enough stay. If you ever thought what could bring me joy, this trip would be it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tina D
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful way to have a wilderness experience. The staff is wonderful beyond words. They are heart-centered, attentive without being intrusive. Everything is well planned to make the most of your day being with the dolphins. The food is healthy and wonderful. The staff is knowledgeable, passionate and share their love of dolphins with you. Housing is more than adequate. I can see why people return many times. I cannot say enough.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Spending 5 days with the incredibly passionate people at Wildquest is one of those experiences that everyone MUST have! This is a rare experience and one that any of us should take advantage of while it is available. Almas and her crew are incredibly committed to dolphins like no one else you will meet. They respect them, they know them like no one else...everything they do is 'dolphin, dolphin, dolphin' ! And we are the beneficiaries of their commitment and perseverance, going out every day searching for dolphins and respectfully swimming with them when we find them (which was everyday). This is something I will never forget, something that once experienced transforms your soul so that you can call on it anytime you want, forever...now THAT is a vacation!!!

1 Thank paul g
Qld
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Wildquest was truly spectacular . I had the best week of my life. Stayed there Sept 2013. Its very hard to explain it all in true detail as the experience itself is life changing. The dolphins were so so amazing and breathtaking. The people , food, accommodation, boat, meditations, healings were all fantastic. I cant fault one thing. I am a 48 yr old single woman. Love life, enjoy life but have always wanted to swim with wild dolphins. When u see the website and videos, its like yeh that wld be nice but bet its not real. Well it is!!! Very real. From the moment we went out in the boat we saw wild dolphins. They swim right up to the boat, you get in the water and they come right up to you. They check you out, look at you, swim around you, alongside you, with you. Its amazing. I had to remember to breath, it was so breathtaking! There were babies too! It was amazing ,it was like they welcome you into their world, they just let you watch them in their natural habitat. If you can freedive all the better as they will come to you and swim around you. At one time, i had 11 dolphins swimming all around me, along with me at the same pace, it was amazing, like a dream! The people are so nice, so aware of life and the dolphins. I could go on forever! The people i met were also amazing, and after one day we were like our own pod. The accommodation was great. Air con, comfy bed, fridge, ensuite. Food was amazing, all healthy and tasted amazing.... the only time i have felt i could be the real me....i didnt want to leave. I miss the dolphins, the people and the place so much already. I took a gopro camera, so have loads of videos of the dolphins underwater, so so amazing !!!! will definately go back again and again. Im happy to answer any questions, but beware i will talk for ages hehe.... thankyou wildquest you are the highlight of my life xx

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank amethyst365
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There really are no words to describe what happens on Bimini, both on land and in the water. It goes beyond just swimming with dolphins. Its an experience that changes you forever. The Wildquest crew, the dolphins, the energy and peace of the island, its all magical and beautiful and you'll leave after a week longing to return. This year is my second time in Bimini and I can't imagine not returning every year. The Wildquest crew members are as special and amazing as the dolphins, they take care of you, they teach, they feed you, they heal, they love you, they are so special and you leave feeling special. I am blessed and grateful to have had such an incredible opportunity.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!