“Awesome Diving in Bimini”

Neal Watson Bimini Scuba Center
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Bimini
More attraction details
Owner description: World Class Scuba Diving & Watersports.
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was my first trip to Bimini and the diving was spectacular. Neal Watson's bimini scuba center dive shop offered us top of the line, brand new equipment, and service that was much better than we are accustomed to receiving in the Bahamas. He can fill air and nitrox and offers several diving locations to suit skill level. His dive boat was very roomy and we had no problems entering or exiting the water for each of our dives. We had refreshments onboard and a fresh water shower between dives. Our first day of diving was reef and wall dives and the second day was wreck and reef. We saw grouper, sharks, turtles, lobster. lion fish, cobia, schools of tuna, and even got to swim with dolphins on the return to Bimini Sands. Bimini Sands Resort and marina was five star and food at both the marina restaurant and Mackey's sand bar was outstanding. The sea food pizza, or any of the pizzas, and the conch meals are to die for. We stayed for 4 days and never had a poor meal on Bimini. If you catch the taxi van or shuttle bus to the ferry to go to North Bimini, be sure to stop at "booze and screws" liquor store to pick up adult refreshments at a low price. This will not be my last trip to Bimini and I look forward to diving again later in the year with Neal Watson. You will not be dissatisfied with the Bimini Scuba Center or the scuba diving sites Neal will take you to see.

2  Thank keimo

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a relatively new dive operation in Bimini, but the staff including Neal were really fun to dive with and made sure we achieved maximum bottom times. No cutting a dive short here, which is important to us. Also, there were very few divers on the boat so we had lots of room. Recommended.

1  Thank oudiveboy
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Feeding the sting rays with Bimini Scuba Center was the highlight of our weekend! We'd booked the trip the night before after chatting with a few photographers who were on island in pursuit of the center's rare hammerhead safari. Not an experienced diver myself, I was thrilled to hear the center offered something for non-divers who wanted a bit more interaction than traditional snorkeling.

The dive shop is reminiscent of an old surf shop and is pretty well organized and tidy compared to other places I've seen in the Bahamas. It's located just a stone's throw away from the resort's Beach Club resto making it a sweet spot to pick up lunch and beers before boarding the "Dive God". Lobster salad comes highly recommended!

Neal Watson and crew were very professional and extremely knowledgeable. Special thanks for dispelling my slight bias towards these peaceful, playful creatures. Education and understanding are true myth busters - felt so comfortable, I even let one of these beauts suck squid from in between my toes!

Lunch and beer on the nearby beach after the swim were a sweet bonus.

Thank you Bimini Scuba Center! You guys are the best - can't wait to come back and swim with the wild dolphins!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Myself and a couple friends were told that Hammerhead Sharks were in Bimini as they are every year around February to April. Fortunately enough we were in Nassau and looking for a journey. we decided to contact Bimini Scuba Center and talked to Neal Watson. He mentioned he could fit us in to his schedule to take us on a Hammerhead shark dive. we arrived the next day and had no idea what a surprise we were in for... that day we jumped on his boat " Dive God" and in 5 minutes were at the dive site. 20 feet of crystal clear blue water with 5 Hammerheads below us. we couldnt wait to get in the water and check these amazing creatures out... Neal gave us a 5 minute briefing on what to do and what not to do, Safety first when theres 12' hammerheads swimming around you. We jumped in and sat at the bottom for about an hour as these amazing creatures circled around us. so curious and calm they would come right up to us. i have some amazing photos.. thank you so much Neal Watson and Crew, A dive i will never forget..

6  Thank kaptain_kevrev
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was my first time to Bimini and I called before my trip to inquire about options to complete my scuba certification. All of my questions were answered promptly by the Reservations department and I scheduled my 4 open water dives with Neal Watson. I was the only diver scheduled to be on the boat, but Neal still agreed to take me out as he knew I really wanted to complete my certification. Neal was very friendly and took the time to answer all of my questions. He also gave a thorough overview of our plan before each dive. I had a great experience and cannot say enough about the quality of the instruction. I well definitely be back again!