“July trip”

Neal Watson Bimini Scuba Center
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Bimini
More attraction details
Owner description: World Class Scuba Diving & Watersports.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I lead groups of 12 to 36 divers, small group this time only 12.
Excellent facility and the dive operation was excellent. Neal is an experienced captain who is also an instructor, everything was done in a professional manner with safety and enjoyment "holding hands" on every dive. Neal is familiar with the sites and his briefings were not a half hour lecture but concise and correct at every site we visited. It was a pleasure to leave the diving to Neal and relax and enjoy the diving, which is superb. The reefs to the south are amazing and the shark dives - only excellent.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Just got back from an amazing day diving with Neal Watson off of South Bimini Island. There was a little unseasonable wind this afternoon and Neal proved his skills as a captain and diver keeping the journey and the dive safe and enjoyable.

Our small personable group went on two dives exploring the beautiful topography of the crystal blue Bahamian waters. The small group allowed us to explore on our own but we were also able to enjoy Neal’s knowledge of the area as he would find and point out some of the more fascinating creatures for those interested.

Communication was wonderful as we were picked up promptly, which is always important as other companies seem to run on “island time”. The day continued smoothly as our gear (very well taken care of) was already properly set up for us, and the dives sites were explained before we jumped in.

Overall a flawless, compliant free dive experience, one of the highlights, if not the highlight of my trip to Bimini. I would highly recommend going out on Neal’s dive boat for at least one day during your stay. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Over my 2-week stay in Bimini I had 9 dives with Neal, and each one was better than the other. I didn't even have to pick a dive, Neal knew just the right place to take us to. And each and every time it was a new diving site. Neal is always looking out for interesting looking fish or animals to show you, and he really does have a good eye to spot something you would never notice!

If you are thinking of getting your certification, I would highly recommend getting it with Neal. He is very professional and calm, and if you are one of those who might feel little anxiety about diving, you won't feel it a bit. Something mystical about Neal's vibe makes you 100% worry free.

Aside from all of the fun dives you get to use an excellent equipment.

For extra excitement I would recommend going for a shark dive and of course a night dive with Neal Watson! That was just sooooo awesome! And totally safe! If you can, do it!

I also went on a wild dolphin encounter with Neal. And that was by far one of the most beautiful life experiences! Neal made sure we stayed with the dolphins until we practically couldn't handle them anymore. 2 hours of really really close and fun swim with a large group of spotted wild dolphins in the beautiful clear water! I didn't think that was possible! Highly recommend!

2  Thank Anastasia T
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Diving with Neal was amazing, unbelievable, unforgettable, safe, and fun. My usual shark phobia was completely absent while diving with Neal. We visited beautiful noncommercial dive sites. Thanks to Neal, I got to experience deep diving, wreck dive, sharks at Bull Run, and a spectacular night dive! Neal also took us on a dolphin trip of a lifetime where we swam skin to skin with wild spotted dolphins for over two hours. I recommend Neal's scuba center and will return when I get a chance for the hammerhead safari. Adventure without limits!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This was my first trip to Bimini and the diving was spectacular. Neal Watson's bimini scuba center dive shop offered us top of the line, brand new equipment, and service that was much better than we are accustomed to receiving in the Bahamas. He can fill air and nitrox and offers several diving locations to suit skill level. His dive boat was very roomy and we had no problems entering or exiting the water for each of our dives. We had refreshments onboard and a fresh water shower between dives. Our first day of diving was reef and wall dives and the second day was wreck and reef. We saw grouper, sharks, turtles, lobster. lion fish, cobia, schools of tuna, and even got to swim with dolphins on the return to Bimini Sands. Bimini Sands Resort and marina was five star and food at both the marina restaurant and Mackey's sand bar was outstanding. The sea food pizza, or any of the pizzas, and the conch meals are to die for. We stayed for 4 days and never had a poor meal on Bimini. If you catch the taxi van or shuttle bus to the ferry to go to North Bimini, be sure to stop at "booze and screws" liquor store to pick up adult refreshments at a low price. This will not be my last trip to Bimini and I look forward to diving again later in the year with Neal Watson. You will not be dissatisfied with the Bimini Scuba Center or the scuba diving sites Neal will take you to see.

2  Thank keimo