“One Week of Perfect!”

Neal Watson Bimini Scuba Center
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Bimini
More attraction details
Owner description: World Class Scuba Diving & Watersports.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One Week of Perfect!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My two daughters and I set out on an adventure to dive in Bimini, Bahamas. We were charmed by the locals and awed by our dive master, Neal Watson. The island is pristine and untouched. The locals are beyond charming and welcoming. Neal took us to many beautiful dive locations. He dove with us to oversee our safety as well as to point out the many beautiful sea creatures I would have missed (the spotted eel, lobster, little shrimp and camouflaged rock fish.) But the best part was swimming with the wild spotted dolphins. Neal persevered until we found them, and then coached us on how best to approach them. I spent a long time in the water swimming beside them, watching them dip and playfully interact with each other. It is a memory I will always cherish.

Visited August 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Dives of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

They spoiled us rotten with beautiful dives following an immediate ride out to swim with the dolphins. Neal navigated the weather, current, tides to get us to the right place at the right time. He corralled the dolphins with the boat, getting them playfully engaged with our group and next thing you know, we are all surrounded by 40+ friendly dolphins.

Highly recommend connecting with Neal -- his staff is so down-to-earth and naturally knowledgable.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ajoffrion
Washington, D.C.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“July trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I lead groups of 12 to 36 divers, small group this time only 12.
Excellent facility and the dive operation was excellent. Neal is an experienced captain who is also an instructor, everything was done in a professional manner with safety and enjoyment "holding hands" on every dive. Neal is familiar with the sites and his briefings were not a half hour lecture but concise and correct at every site we visited. It was a pleasure to leave the diving to Neal and relax and enjoy the diving, which is superb. The reefs to the south are amazing and the shark dives - only excellent.

Visited July 2013
Alice Town, Bimini
“Best dive operation in Bimini!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Just got back from an amazing day diving with Neal Watson off of South Bimini Island. There was a little unseasonable wind this afternoon and Neal proved his skills as a captain and diver keeping the journey and the dive safe and enjoyable.

Our small personable group went on two dives exploring the beautiful topography of the crystal blue Bahamian waters. The small group allowed us to explore on our own but we were also able to enjoy Neal’s knowledge of the area as he would find and point out some of the more fascinating creatures for those interested.

Communication was wonderful as we were picked up promptly, which is always important as other companies seem to run on “island time”. The day continued smoothly as our gear (very well taken care of) was already properly set up for us, and the dives sites were explained before we jumped in.

Overall a flawless, compliant free dive experience, one of the highlights, if not the highlight of my trip to Bimini. I would highly recommend going out on Neal’s dive boat for at least one day during your stay. You won’t regret it.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Absolutely best dives of my life!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Over my 2-week stay in Bimini I had 9 dives with Neal, and each one was better than the other. I didn't even have to pick a dive, Neal knew just the right place to take us to. And each and every time it was a new diving site. Neal is always looking out for interesting looking fish or animals to show you, and he really does have a good eye to spot something you would never notice!

If you are thinking of getting your certification, I would highly recommend getting it with Neal. He is very professional and calm, and if you are one of those who might feel little anxiety about diving, you won't feel it a bit. Something mystical about Neal's vibe makes you 100% worry free.

Aside from all of the fun dives you get to use an excellent equipment.

For extra excitement I would recommend going for a shark dive and of course a night dive with Neal Watson! That was just sooooo awesome! And totally safe! If you can, do it!

I also went on a wild dolphin encounter with Neal. And that was by far one of the most beautiful life experiences! Neal made sure we stayed with the dolphins until we practically couldn't handle them anymore. 2 hours of really really close and fun swim with a large group of spotted wild dolphins in the beautiful clear water! I didn't think that was possible! Highly recommend!

Visited June 2013