“Dishonest and poor service.”

Resorts World Bimini
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bimini
Davenport, Washington
“Dishonest and poor service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Caution! Dishonest and poor service. So much to warn you about, I'll hit the high spots. If you go to Bimini do not use your normal credit card, use a prepaid with a small dollar amount on it.
We stayed there one night in October and Resort World charged us for 5 nights. Tried to resolve problem by calling them, good luck! Can't navigate their phone system and can't speak to anyone. Still working with VISA cards fraud department. Come to find out its a common problem with them.

We arrived at Resort World by the fast cruise ship and had to wait 5 hours for our room, they said it wasn't ready (the place was nearly empty) but they could upgrade our room for several hundred dollars more. We didn't upgrade so we were punished! We wasted most of our day waiting to check in our room. We finally got to our room and ran into the maid that cleans the rooms. She told us the room was ready early that morning, one of the first rooms she cleaned.

For the sake of brevity I'll spare you the stories of transportation problems within the resort, bad attitudes from the office staff and a complete disregard of your time.

We have traveled a lot and don't have unreasonalbe expectations. We usually accept less than perfect service but at Resort World they have developed a systematic method of ripping people off. Later in Alice Town we spoke to locals that confirmed our experience is not uncommon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
26 Thank Shawn F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just got back from a weekend stay at the resort with some friends and had a great time. The villa we had was very spacious and clean. The resort is on the beach and also has 2 pools, 1 infinity pool on the ocean, the other on the bay side with a swim up bar. The food at the resort was good, we ate at the grill and also Lido which was by the pool on the bay. Do rent a golf cart and pay the $60 a day it was WELL WORTH IT, explore the island it has a lot to offer. The travel to get there may be rough but its def worth it.

Room Tip: Get a villa!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We made our crossing to Bimini from the Hillsbough Inlet in August 2013. The trip took approximately 3 hours. The sea conditions in the Gulf Stream at the time of the crossing were 4 to 6 feet, with a very short duration, which made it difficult to move around a 36 foot bridged boat. We made reservations for a slip at the Bimini Bay Mega Marina online with no problems.

Once in the Bimini North Channel you have to maintain slow speed since you pass the fuel dock, Big Game Club, and other marinas on the way north to the Mega Marina. Maintain slow speed or you will receive shouts from the docks to “slow down”, as happened to boats ahead of us.

As we approached the Bimini Bay Mega Marina, a call to the Harbor Master on channel 16 brought a quick response to switch and answer on channel 68. We received out dock and slip assignment over the VHF and by the time we got to our slip, two dock hands were there to catch our lines, helped us tied up, and connect to shore side power. We stayed on our vessel during our stay at Bimini Bay. The docks are floating, which made getting on and off our vessel very easy.

Checking into the resort was easy, right at the end of the dock. Custom’s is in another area of the resort, however a shuttle was provided to transport us to the customs house. Make sure you have all the passports for your on board guests, the vessel’s documentation papers, and cash to pay the entry fees and for any additional guests. Take water with you in case you have to wait in line at Customs, there is not much shade.

The folks at customs and immigration are very friendly and helpful. They are also on island time, meaning they work at a much slower pace than most of us are accustom to.

We rented a golf cart on line before the trip so we could explore the island; go to the beach, other pools, Alicetown, etc. Santa (really that is his name) delivered the cart dockside with a full propane tank. He gave us his phone number if we had any issues. We did not have to call him; we did run into him repeatedly. He is a real character with a lot of stories that will keep you laughing

There is plenty to do from the casino, lounging by the pools, beaching it, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, world class fishing, etc. A quick trip by boat south of the island is the WW II Sapona This is a great day outing, so pack snacks, drinks, and sunscreen. The ship is grounded in about 15 to 20 feet of crystal clear water and is a great place to snorkel or do some long bottom time SCUBA diving. There is plenty of marine life on and around the vessel; from spotted eagle rays to various corals, damsel fish to barracuda, etc. We found what appeared to be.50 caliber shell casings. At one time the Navy used the vessel for aerial target practice.

The selection of restaurants is okay, however somewhat limited, the quality of the food was fair to good and the prices were comparable to what you would expect in a resort area. The pizza shop had good smoothies, pastries, and lunch menu items. Service is very friendly but a little slow. We were in no hurry during this long weekend so we did not care that it took a while for our orders to come out. Overall a great long weekend.

Room Tip: Sunscreen is a must, hats can come in handy during the afternoon, polarized sun glasses, bottled wat...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ryurecka
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We took the mini super fast over on. A Friday a.m. And we're enjoying bimini by2 pm. My husband and I Stayed in a two bedroom townhouse. The back porch face the ocean which was the most beatific shade of blue I have ever seen. The sunsets are to die for. We ate at several places throughout the resort. Our favorite was the lunch buffet inside of the casino. Make sure you try the fish dip anywhere it is offered. The casino had everything a gambler could need table games and new slots. Staff is friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kerri C
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Excellent cruise! 2 enthusiastic thumbs up, given from a world class traveler. We traveled the New Year's Eve overnight party cruise, I must say I was very impressed. At first I was a bit skeptic about the cruise after reading all the terrible reviews but they were not entirely true. Truth is that yes I agree that the administrative office is a bit disorganized I booked 2 tickets with a sales rep over the phone and never received the email with the itinerary. It was frustrating and difficult getting in touch with the same agent again, however she did get in touch with me after some hours and apologized deeply and resent me the information staying on the phone with me until I received it. She was even nice enough to give me her personal direct line to get in touch with her if I had any other questions or concerns. Secondly, the address of the location they sent on the email was a bit confusing for they enclosed 2 different addresses, one for the world resort offices, and the other for the actual port where the traveler is suppose to go. The email posted the office address in big bold letters, not specifying that that was the office location and NOT the actual location where we had to go. When we got there the omni parking security officer told us it was the other location so that was annoying, so yes in that sense I can see the disorganization all the reviews were complaining about. However, once we got in there it was "smooth sailing" pun intended. Zero lines, we got right in printed our passes and zipped right thru security. Once we got on the boat it was very clean and well maintained. Guest services were very friendly, welcoming and attentive. The 3 course dinner at the Ponce de Leon restaurant was delicious considering food from a smaller cruise line. I was expecting a crappy menu but surprisingly, they had salads and soups to chose from, and fish, pork, pasta, chicken, and surf n turf for entree. Surf in turf was very delicious!! One free cocktail, and desserts where included with the dinner package. Dinner was only a 20min wait for a table but if you put your name on the list you can go around the boat and do other things and come back to be seated. So that was good. The cost of the booze were very good prices. Also an Excellent waitstaff (pretty much Asian) very hospitable and polite. My boyfriend ordered us a bottle of champagne Cristal Rose it was only $220!! A night club in south beach charges $600 + for the same exact bottle and we had our own private table with an ocean view with breath taking views of the new year firework display! Very memorable experience and we will def be trying the day cruise in the very near future!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Rubylicious83
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I purchased a groupon and livingsocial deal for a group of 5 of us and we had a blast. We choose the day cruise option and had a blast. Next time we plan on staying at the resort because it looks really nice.

It is a short trip but for the price we paid 62.50 and 50 per person it was well worth it. An hour prior to arrival I'd ask where to line up so you can ensure you are off the boat first because you only have a short time on the island upon arriving. We saw some people arguing about having to wait on line. But that is the way of the world. You just have to ask questions and they will tell you exactly where to go. During the cruise they had entertianment dj music games and a casino. For majortity of the ride we layed out on the chairs relaxing because we were still tired from running around the night prior.

There is a shuttle boat that takes you from the cruise boat over to Bimini. Than they have long carts that give you the option to continue to the Resort and casino or to go to Alice Town. I like to hang around locals so I opted for Alice Town. Along the way we stopped for Conch Salad and Khalik which was perfect. Upon reaching the beach area there was a straw market across the street several food vendors and the beach. I have been to the Bahamas several times and had the fried lobster. Which was not as good as I've had in Freeport and in Nassau. But it was still nice to see the area and take the ride over.

We took the shuttle back and one thing I wish I knew was there were showers all the way in the back where the boats and water are. A bigger and cleaner bathroom. Everyone was lining up a tthe bathroom at the bar which wasn't working properly. The bathroom looked brand spanking new and many people didn't go maybe because it was a little bit farther away. But i'm glad I did. Had I known there were showers there I would have also bought a change of clothes. We got back on the boat had drinks at the bar danced to the music a little. I was probably the only one dancing and I love reaggae so when the DJ noticed I was really into the reggae he played me a great playlist. We than when downstairs for a little karaoke. And we were than back in Miami. We had a blast!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ndennifer
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Had a blast! We took the day cruise to Bimini. The staff were very friendly and kind. The beach was amazing! The food on the boat was ok. I was not impressed with the food selection at the Leon restaurant. However, the entertainment and drinks were good! It's truly what you make of it. Had a blast and will go again to stay at the resort!

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank shannondigi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!