Caution! Dishonest and poor service. So much to warn you about, I'll hit the high spots. If you go to Bimini do not use your normal credit card, use a prepaid with a small dollar amount on it.
We stayed there one night in October and Resort World charged us for 5 nights. Tried to resolve problem by calling them, good luck! Can't navigate their phone system and can't speak to anyone. Still working with VISA cards fraud department. Come to find out its a common problem with them.
We arrived at Resort World by the fast cruise ship and had to wait 5 hours for our room, they said it wasn't ready (the place was nearly empty) but they could upgrade our room for several hundred dollars more. We didn't upgrade so we were punished! We wasted most of our day waiting to check in our room. We finally got to our room and ran into the maid that cleans the rooms. She told us the room was ready early that morning, one of the first rooms she cleaned.
For the sake of brevity I'll spare you the stories of transportation problems within the resort, bad attitudes from the office staff and a complete disregard of your time.
We have traveled a lot and don't have unreasonalbe expectations. We usually accept less than perfect service but at Resort World they have developed a systematic method of ripping people off. Later in Alice Town we spoke to locals that confirmed our experience is not uncommon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious and modern 750-acre beachfront resort. World class casino. The largest marina in The Bahamas. Unsurpassed amenities and attractions. Turquoise water and white sand beaches for miles. It's all here are Resorts World Bimini...just 50 miles from Miami! The tropical island getaway of Bimini is just hours from Miami. Stroll along miles of white sand beaches beckoning the tranquil sapphire waters of The Bahamas. Escape life's daily demands at Resorts World Bimini as you explore the island's charm, experience our plush accommodations, enjoy a multitude of restaurants and bars and relax in paradise. Play in the boutique Resorts World Bimini Casino - the first with marina and water views. RWB complies with Federal EEO laws. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Resorts World Bimini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bimini Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Bimini
- Bimini Bay Resort And Marina
- Bimini Bay Hotel Marina
- Resorts World Bimini Bahamas