“Bad business”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bimini
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Bad business”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Superfast was good, but I would not recommend taking a day cruise. All you will see is lines waiting to embark/disembark. Go 2-3 days.
Now about Resorts World Bimini stay. It was good too, BUT one little thing really destroyed it for me:

When I bought the package I was quoted one amount and it was reasonable enough, that's why I decided to book it.
When I checked out of the hotel they OVERCHARGED my card $327 more (including hidden taxes, international card fees? etc on my statement). I was promissed this amount would be reimbursed to me. Well, I am still waiting...
Use the boat for transportation, but DO NOT STAY AT THE Resorts World Bimini. Bad business.

14 Thank rburliuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A very beautiful island but the treatment and service staff is the worst. We booked a room for three people (a family with a child under 12 years), we had a king bed for a couple and supposedly we would get a sofa bed for our daughter. First to get to the room, the keys would not open the door, were delayed more than an hour to fix the problem, then when we entered the room we saw that it was not possible to assemble the sofa bed, calling the service, they attended after 4 hours (10 pm) and were told that the sofa was not a sofa bed so they did not get any solution and the hotel was full and we could not change rooms. The food is not good, a burger and a beer cost 50 dollars... totally disappointed ..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank Taisa M
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was reluctant to go after the other reviews I read, but the cost was too low to pass up.

The boat ride is fun,friendly, & fast

The resort was beautiful & clean.

The only complaints I had with the resort was; the music at healing hole & pool bar. It was rap played on horrible speakers and ruined the feel of a Bahamas vacation & The lobster was horrible at Sabor.

The rest of the food was great. Service was great

As to the reviews about a party scene on the boat was unfounded. it was peaceful & relaxing.

If we find another "deal" again we will defiatly go. (already looking for April)

Room Tip: 2nd fllor to have ocean views
8 Thank Savannah4482
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband, two friends and I went on a weekend trip to Resort World Bimini. We had read some bad reviews so we weren't sure what we were getting into. All I can say is we had a wonderful time. The cruise went off without a hitch. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Time went quickly. Once we arrived on the island we were met with smiles and once again very helpful staff. Our accommodations were beautiful, overlooking the water. We tried a number of restaurants and enjoyed the food. Everywhere we went we found friendly and extremely helpful staff. The only criticism we had was we wished the casino was bigger. I could understand the negative reviews if the choice was the day cruise because there is just not enough time to truly enjoy all that Resort World has to offer. This problem may be solved when the dock is completed and time won't be wasted taking a tender to the island. We are looking forward to returning...we enjoyed it that much!

Room Tip: Overlook the water, it's a beautiful view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sandra D
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We took the Super Fast Ferry to Resorts World Bimini this weekend and stayed over night in their Town Houses for two nights. It was lovely, untouched and peaceful. No phones, no nightcubs. Only beautiful beaches, lovely pools , a few restaurants and a new Casino.
We had a wonderful weekend. The only drawback is the Ferry could not get into the port because it was too large so we had to take a Tendor to the resort. This was a little scarey. Very windy and bouncy. Overall I would rate the entire trip an 8 our of 10. Would only go back once the hotel and dock are in. This should take another 8 months. Beautiful, peaceful Island. People are friendly.

Guava Duff

Room Tip: Only Town Houses for now. Hotel to be completed in the summer.
4 Thank GuavaDuff
wellington
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I arrived at Bimini by seaplane and although our check in was a little delayed we were thoroughly satisfied with our accommodations. We visited for Super Bowl weekend and had a luxurious 3 bedroom 3 bath villa on the ocean. Our villa was absolutely stunning and well equipped with a fabulous sunset view of the ocean. Their is a large marina, a small store with very basic groceries, a beautiful infinity pool, several restaurants and a small casino with plenty of action and a great bar. There is also poolside or beach entertainment supplied by professional DJ's. Umbrellas, huts, Kayaks and paddle boards are available at the beach for a charge. Bring some water shoes. There are shells when you walk into the ocean that made it a little challenging to enter the water. I loved the ambiance of the island and the resort and found the staff to be polite and helpful. I do recommend that you rent a golf cart during your stay as the resort is spread out. My husband and I had a fabulous time during out stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the water offer a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset vista!
3 Thank eyewonit
Davenport, Washington
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Caution! Dishonest and poor service. So much to warn you about, I'll hit the high spots. If you go to Bimini do not use your normal credit card, use a prepaid with a small dollar amount on it.
We stayed there one night in October and Resort World charged us for 5 nights. Tried to resolve problem by calling them, good luck! Can't navigate their phone system and can't speak to anyone. Still working with VISA cards fraud department. Come to find out its a common problem with them.

We arrived at Resort World by the fast cruise ship and had to wait 5 hours for our room, they said it wasn't ready (the place was nearly empty) but they could upgrade our room for several hundred dollars more. We didn't upgrade so we were punished! We wasted most of our day waiting to check in our room. We finally got to our room and ran into the maid that cleans the rooms. She told us the room was ready early that morning, one of the first rooms she cleaned.

For the sake of brevity I'll spare you the stories of transportation problems within the resort, bad attitudes from the office staff and a complete disregard of your time.

We have traveled a lot and don't have unreasonalbe expectations. We usually accept less than perfect service but at Resort World they have developed a systematic method of ripping people off. Later in Alice Town we spoke to locals that confirmed our experience is not uncommon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
26 Thank Shawn F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!