I arrived in North Bimini for my first time with a lot of excitement. The water was beautiful and the locals were very friendly with a great sense of humor. After a speedy 3 hour check in we made it to our unobstructed view of what looked like an oil rig sitting a few hundred yards off the beach. I couldn't believe every house and condo on the island was stuck with this view and this huge industrial machine was allowed to be so close to the beach where everyone swims. After asking around I learned that the Malaysia based Genting Group who owns Resort World started a deep dredge project for a new cruise terminal that would decimate all Marine life in the area. I took a tour of the 100+ acres of mangroves that are a wetland nursery. It was mind blowing exploring this magical underwater forest and getting to witness how much life was at risk. In the first 30minutes I had seen 20+ turtles, baby sharks, rays ect... I learned this sanctuary would be ruined if the dredging continued and heard about the plans of a golf course that would entail bulldozing even more acres of the mangroves that would add to the 160 acres of healthy mangrove wetland nursery habitat already destroyed by the Bimini Bay Resort development. If it wasn't already tough enough to sleep that night we laid awake in bed listening to the souped up gas powered golf carts that constantly buzz up and down the roads. Everyday we looked for dolphins but they must have already packed up to find another home due to the dredging. The Sharks were still around and healthy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious and modern 750-acre beachfront resort. World class casino. The largest marina in The Bahamas. Unsurpassed amenities and attractions. Turquoise water and white sand beaches for miles. It's all here are Resorts World Bimini...just 50 miles from Miami! The tropical island getaway of Bimini is just hours from Miami. Stroll along miles of white sand beaches beckoning the tranquil sapphire waters of The Bahamas. Escape life's daily demands at Resorts World Bimini as you explore the island's charm, experience our plush accommodations, enjoy a multitude of restaurants and bars and relax in paradise. Play in the boutique Resorts World Bimini Casino - the first with marina and water views. RWB complies with Federal EEO laws. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Resorts World Bimini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bimini Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Bimini
- Bimini Bay Resort And Marina
- Bimini Bay Hotel Marina
- Resorts World Bimini Bahamas