Summary: New mini casino on North Bimini who took over Bimini Bay. It is undergoing enormous construction. They are building like crazy. Their construction projects are messing with the island in a bad way with hundreds of tons sand being pumped across the island to their new mega project. Amazingly enough nobody seems to know what they are building there. I was told a water park or maybe a golf course. Whatever they are doing, they were doing it 24-7. Which meant nonstop construction noise and construction workers criss crossing the property at all hours of the day and night.
Pros: 1. Its close to Miami.
2. The casino was fun.
Cons: 1. The accommodations were dirty. Lots of hair all over the place. I don't believe housekeeping has a vacuum.
2. The house we rented was right across from the construction site. We had no view and constant noise.
3. Casino is tiny.
4. The Bimini Superfast Un loads a huge burst of tourists that go around on these silly looking trollies stoping at predetermined locations where Resorts World gets a cut. They kill any atmosphere.
5. Construction maybe necessary for the resort to thrive but it can never be Atlantis.
6. It's impossible to get anyone by phone. You have to do it in person.
7. We wanted to dive and were told that their dive boat was broken. So we decided to go bonefishing instead but we were then told that that boat was broken too.
8. The resort is expensive.
9. The food was mediocre. With few good choices. We mostly had great fish sandwiches in town.
10. Service is slow.
11. Construction is killing the island. The Superfast pier will be a terrible eyesore.
We won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious and modern 750-acre beachfront resort. World class casino. The largest marina in The Bahamas. Unsurpassed amenities and attractions. Turquoise water and white sand beaches for miles. It's all here are Resorts World Bimini...just 50 miles from Miami! The tropical island getaway of Bimini is just hours from Miami. Stroll along miles of white sand beaches beckoning the tranquil sapphire waters of The Bahamas. Escape life's daily demands at Resorts World Bimini as you explore the island's charm, experience our plush accommodations, enjoy a multitude of restaurants and bars and relax in paradise. Play in the boutique Resorts World Bimini Casino - the first with marina and water views. RWB complies with Federal EEO laws. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Resorts World Bimini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bimini Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Bimini
- Bimini Bay Resort And Marina
- Bimini Bay Hotel Marina
- Resorts World Bimini Bahamas