The warmth found at Pigeon Cay is not only from the beautiful weather, but also from all the people you meet, staff, guests and islanders. No matter where you are coming from, your body, mind and spirit will be renewed by the beauty you can see from your cottage windows, walking the beach, and exploring the island. If you are looking for night life or a resort that pampers your every whim, this beach club is not for you. If you are looking to be welcomed into pure and simple island life, you can't find a more genuine experience. A delightful gathering place each afternoon is the well stocked tiki bar and the food served at the evening meal is excellent. All this accompanied by breathtaking sunsets. We flew into New Bight airport (slightly farther away than Arthur's Town) however, it afforded us the ability to stop at the local convenience store to pick up breakfast and lunch foods to have in our own kitchen. If you don't have this opportunity coming in, Ned or Leslie will see that you get there the next day. Keep in mind all items for purchase must be shipped in, consequently prices are much higher than in the US. There is minimal shopping on the island but needs are few while there. Pack light, you will not need anything beyond very casual clothing. A couple staying there with their three boys renewed their wedding vows at an abandoned church Ned restored. All the guests were invited to be their witnesses, informal but a joyful occasion. It is within walking distance and a great place for meditation and photos. The Hermitage at Mount Alvernia is also a must to visit, but renting a car is needed to visit there on the south end of the island. We definitely would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club consists of 8 cottages on a 3 mile white sand beach. We are located in the Northern part of Cat Island, 7 miles South from Arthur's Town Airport (ATC) 20 miles North of New Bight Airport TBI). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pigeon Cay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club Hotel Cat Island
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club Cat Island, Bahamas