Shannas Cove Resort
US$275
US$230
  • Beachfront
Orange Creek Inn(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
Orbitz.com
Pigeon Cay Beach Club(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$174
US$248
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Greenwood Beach Resort(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$150
  • Pool
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas(Long Island)
US$337
US$317
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsman o warda smoke potfishhumane societycaribbean islandsconch shellswonderful hostsviews are spectacularbeautiful beachthe crystal clear waterssting rayevery mealtoo good to be truewell worth the effortflip flopsthe cottagespink sand beaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Like others have said, we too were skeptical of how a resort really could get SUCH perfect reviews, but it really is PERFECT! The beaches are unlike any other I've ever seen...and ever will see.

Gabi and Frank are two of the nicest hosts I've ever had, they and their staff go out of their way to do anything you need. Gabi is an AMAZING cook - seriously, the means here were heavenly. (Tip - best pizza I've EVER had. Eat lots!)

The locals are so friendly and welcoming, they made you feel at home.

Like everyone else said, go to man o' war. We did not do the hike, instead we choose to go via kayak. Long trip but totally worth it. We were the only people for miles. Heaven!

The rooms were perfect - nothing over the top, but really, how much time do you spend in the room when you have the most perfect beach waiting for you down the cliff? Speaking of the cliff, I did get tired of walking up and down every time we went to the beach, but had the resort been on the beach, you wouldn't get the views! So, fair tradeoff in my book.

The ONLY bummer thing was the bugs. Maybe it was the time of year, but the sand flees were out of control. But Gabi had bug spray on hand, so after applying that it was better. And bring ear plugs if the cicadas will keep you awake.

We will be returning and you should DEFINITELY go! (And it's very affordable!!)

8  Thank Kaitlyn H
Reviewed 19 September 2012

There is not much more to say than this is the most beautiful place on earth. The location: paradise. The hotel owner: simply perfect. The room: Very cozy. Breakfast, lunch and diner: Great. Everything in this place was just perfect. We stayed for three nights and really enjoyed our stay on this island. Go right to Cat Island if you want to have a quiet stay and a paradise home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NeRieHH
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Combined with living in California and my love of travel, I have seen a fair share of beautiful beaches in my time, but let me preface this review with one simple statement: Shanna’s Cove, Cat Island has the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen in my life!
Imagine walking on deserted white sand beaches with turquoise waters gently washing the sand. Nothing but peace and serenity surrounding you.

From the moment that Frank picked us up from the little airport of Arthur’s Town, we felt at home and welcome. Forget Disneyland, Cat Island is the happiest place on earth! Everyone you pass (whether they be in car or on foot) greats you with a warm smile and a friendly waive or honk.

Each day was a new adventure. Our first day I went for a morning run down the long stretch of beach in front of the hotel and found myself covered in goose bumps in shock of the sheer beauty that surrounded me (okay sounds corny, but it is true). I didn’t think I would ever see a beach as beautiful as the one in front of the hotel. Then the next day we ventured through the wooded path in search of man-o-war beach, which was even more deserted and incredible.

Our third day we went diving with Frank. We saw tons of beautiful fish, eels, rays, lobsters and coral. Frank is an incredible dive master and made all the dives very fun, comfortable, informative and easy! Rob was our dive boat captain and definitely has a talent for following bubbles!

Shanna’s Cove also has kayaks you can take out at any time you want and explore nearby secluded coves and beaches, which we utilized quite a bit! We rented a car our last day (which Frank arranged for us) to explore the island a bit more and check out the Hermitage. We drove the entire island and decided that while every part of Cat Island is beautiful, Shanna’s Cove by far has the best location on the island and the best beaches.

The evenings at Shanna’s Cove are not to be missed either. The food is amazing!!! Drinks are mixed to perfection. The other guest are excellent company! DJ Frank definitely knows how to get the party started, even Tara and Gabby joined in the dancing!

I must admit that prior to our vacation I was skeptical of the reviews on Trip Advisor, as I have never seen a hotel with perfect reviews. Even with my high expectations, Shanna’s Cove far exceeded my expectations! This place is the real deal!!

We can’t wait to come back!!

5  Thank jritchie1212
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We went there in August 2012 for a family trip and had a wonderful time. This place has everything you need on a vacation. First of all, it is very remote and the beach is magnificent. Most of the time you're the only one on it, with other guests of the resort. The bungalows are very comfortable, well decorated and all have a balcony overlooking the ocean. What is particular about this place is that it is right on the beach, but built on heights so that you can admire the view, especially from the balcony of the restaurant. The hosts, Gabi and Frank, and their staff are wonderful people. The food is delicious too! Two tumbs up also for scuba diving. Frank is very professional, he will provide you with the gear which is of very good quality and the diving spots around Shannas Cove are breathtaking. We had the chance to see rays, turtles, a lot of colorful fishes and corals. One time the weather did not allow us to dive and Frank took us on a kayaking trip in the mangrove, which was a very unique experience and where you get to see baby fishes, turtles and wonderful clear blue waters. That is to say that the hosts will be there for you to make your stay the most fulfilling and enjoyable possible.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Vincent M
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We went to Shannas Cove the first week of August 2012 on our honeymoon. The photos do not do the Island justice. Frank and Gabi are very gracious and accomodating hosts. They truly make you feel you are house guests and not tourists. Gabi and her kitchen staff prepared some of the finest meals we have eaten. The meals are very European and you will not go hungry.

Pointers: When you book, inform Frank if you want to dive or fish ahead of time as he does get busy. The island is fairly undeveloped so if you don't snorkel, dive, fish, lounge on the beach, hike, kayak or explore you may want to look elsewhere. There are no casinos or Michael Jackson revues here. Rent a car and drive the island, eat in the local restaurants (they are all small) and talk to local people. The island folk have a music, culture and lifestyle all their own. Everyone knows everyone and treat you like family. We never felt unsafe. Make a point to go to Man O' War beach and experience solitude. We were the only two people on 5 miles of beautiful beach. It takes a bit of work to get here but the scenery is well worth the trip. Go down to the beach at night and see stars you literally have never seen. The food and beverage prices were what we expected and we didn't break the bank on our stay. (8 nights)
Remember, everything is flown or shipped here. Bearing this in mind, the drink prices at Shannas were the same as everywhere else on the island. Bring everything you need when you pack as there is no Store 24 or CVS down the street - just local island people with small mom and pop stores.

We had a wonderful, unforgettable time and cant wait to go back. Be adventurous!

4  Thank rob2328