All reviewsman o wars covefishother guestscaribbean islandsdietary restrictionsrestaurant barour honeymoonbeautiful beachwonderful hostsconch shellsa true gemhumane societybug spraywhite sand beachesbring plenty of sunscreenevery meal
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Geoff and I just returned from 13 nights at Shannas Cove. The holiday was a treat to help celebrate my 50th birthday.And what a treat this place is... It's all been said in previous reviews but to add our own personal opinion Gabi and Frank have got everything just right. The whole place and set up suited us perfectly and I would recommend it to anyone looking for stunning beaches, gorgeous food, spot on service, very friendly and welcoming staff, relaxed and informal atmosphere, no time keeping other than dinner at 8pm. A wonderful place to switch off, read, sun bathe, swim in the crystal clear waters, walk, explore and kayak. In the words of Julian from 'da smoke pot' 'this is the land of nothing to do' and there is no better place on earth to do it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geoff1000
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I can't say enough good things about this resort and its owners, Gabi and Frank. My daughter and I had a travel snafu en route to the resort, and Gabi totally and completely came through for us under very challenging circumstances. Gabi, you are the best! :-)

Room was wonderful, meals were delicious, staff was delightful, beach is perfect, hosts are awesome. We will be back, no doubt! Words don't do it justice. Just go - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wonderment99
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If somebody tells you that there is a more beautiful place on earth they are talking a load of rubbish.

If somebody tells you there are better hosts than the affable & friendly Frank & his vivacious and fun loving wife Gabi, they are talking a load of rubbish.

If somebody tells you that they know of a better place to get top quality food day in and day out, they are talking a load of rubbish.

This is it! The most perfect place you could ever wish to stay at.

My wife and I are currently in Vegas having just got here from Cat Island, we are in a $450 a night suite, but it doesn't even come close to the luxury we enjoyed at Shannas Cove Resort.

On arrival you are met at the tiny tiny airport, and taken on a 10 minute drive to the resort. Up a bumpy and unmade road into a not too impressive parking area. But this is just to fool you into what awaits beyond.

Look, it's all been said before but if you are thinking of going to Shannas JUST DO IT.

I have run out of words to describe this heaven on earth. I'm not a beach person (I don't swim) and only went for my wife's sake, but boy am I glad I did!

Get in early, because the word is out about this place and bookings are pouring in (and no wonder).

Only negatives, there was no lobster as it was out of season. (Not Shannas fault) and it was a bit of a hassle having to go to the bar to use the internet, but these are just trivial things.

Make sure you take bug spray as the mozzies will get ya! Also bring your own soap & shampoo as these are not supplied.

If trip advisor had a rating system out of 100, this place would get 99.99999.

THANK YOU FRANK & GABI FOR A MOST WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great (There are only 5) the two at the back have a slightly obstructed view of the beach but really, any of them are fabulous.
8  Thank Col T
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everything that the previous reviews have said about how amazing Shannas Cove Resort is are absolutely true. I was worried that after reading the reviews that we would get there and be a little disappointed because it wouldn’t live up to the glowing reviews but Shannas Cove certainly did. We stayed at Shannas Cove from July 15-19. We stayed in the Parrott bungalow and did not have any problems with our room. The best part of the bungalows is the porch. We loved sitting out on our porch with the great view of the ocean and beach. The beach and ocean are the nicest I have ever seen. The sand is perfect and extends out in the ocean for a good 30 yards with no rocks or anything to make it uncomfortable to walk in. We walked down to a point South of Shannas Cove (4 miles round-trip) and never saw another person the entire time but did see plenty of star fish and other fish. We also hiked the Man-O-War trail to the North and East sides of Cat Island and also never saw anyone else. It was hard to imagine that we could have an entire beach to ourselves with absolutely no one else around. The resort also provides kayaks and snorkeling gear that guests can enjoy free of charge. The location on the beach and the views from the bungalows, restaurant and beach are breathtaking.

As good as the beach and ocean were at Shannas Cove, the food was just as good if not better! The breakfast, lunch and dinner were second to none. Don’t visit here without trying the pizzas for lunch. We had the meat lovers, vegetable and white shrimp pizzas and they were all some of the best pizza we have ever had. Dinners were a 2+ hour event and we left every night absolutely stuffed. During our stay our entrees included: beef tenderloin, tuna steaks, duck breast, and mahi mahi. All were fantastic but the Mahi Mahi was probably the best fish I have ever eaten. My wife does not eat fish but loved the tuna and mahi mahi along with several of the appetizers that were served that were fish. Gabby and the cooks do a wonderful job with the food. One of the things that we enjoyed most about dinner was getting to visit with the other guests at the resort. Everyone arrived at the restaurant around 7 and enjoyed visiting over drinks at the bar until dinner was served between 7:45-8.

Frank, Gabby and the other staff were all terrific hosts and made us feel right at home. We very much enjoyed getting to visit with Frank and Gabby during meals and our trips to and from the airport. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Shannas Cove and our only regret is that we were not able to stay longer.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are basically the same and offer a beautiful view of the ocean
3  Thank CAW_OK
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We've only been home about a week since our trip to Shannas Cove, but I can't wait to go back! This was the perfect place to go to be completely off-the-grid, but still have modern amenities. We tried to visit last summer, but it was completely booked when we inquired. It was definitely worth the wait!

Frank and Gabi are just awesome - it is obvious how much joy they get from spending time with their guests. The staff is also great - whenever we asked for anything, they took care of it quickly and with a smile. The rooms had everything you need, but we didn't spend much time in the room, we were too busy being lazy on the beach! And what a gorgeous beach it is! 1.8 miles of soft white/pink sand and clear water. The most people we counted on a given day was 5, but most days it was just us. We borrowed snorkeling equipment and snorkeled several times - there are some great coral reefs just off the shore about a half mile walk down the beach. We kayaked one day and saw all the giant starfish in the water, which was so neat to see! But mostly, we enjoyed several days in paradise.

We aren't big breakfast eaters, so we brought our own granola bars, oatmeal, canned fruit, etc. for breakfast, but really enjoyed our lunches and dinners at the restaurant. Dinner especially! My husband was a little worried when I told him we would be having all of our meals at the resort, and not going to any other restaurants, but after the first night, he was excited to find out what Gabi would be making each day! They have a pretty well stocked bar in the restaurant, so fruity drinks, beer, and wine rounded out our meals.

I can't wait to go back! We only stayed 4 nights (since that's all that was available when we booked), but hope to stay longer next time.

The only room for improvement we noticed involves the towels. The bath towels were a bit on the scratchy side (especially with a few sunburnt places...). Since we often took more than one shower each day (a necessity with all the sand and sunscreen), an extra set of towels would have been helpful. They could also provide real beach towels instead of just different colored bath towels (which were a bit on the small side for lounging on the beach). These are small, nitpicky things in the grand scheme of things, which is that Shannas Cove is as wonderful as all the reviewers have said!

4  Thank NC_traveler124