“Good Times!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Northern Virginia
“Good Times!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Karaoke and dancing, so much fun at The Hot Spot! Have to visit while you're in Cat. We headed to The Hot Spot as a group from Shannas Cove. Everyone had a great time-we'll be back next year!

Visited June 2014

Bennetts Harbor
“Great Fried Shrimp”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is THE place to go for fried shrimp on Cat Island. Melony knows how to cook it and not overcook it. I went back twice in the same week and it was just as good as the first time! The drinks are awesome too...

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Authentic food and a fabulous time”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My partner and I (along with my older brother and his girlfriend) came out to Cat Island in March 2014 to visit my brother. We were there 5 nights and spent 2 of them at The Hot Spot and the last one with Melany (the owner)!

We all were so excited to try the fresh lobster on the island so we each pre-ordered one in the afternoon. We were welcomed when we walked in the door by Melany and taken to the table she had set up for us. Dinner consisted of several Kaliks (beers, KAH-lick), sky juice (a yummy combo of coconut juice and rum), and a LARGE lobster tail served with the most delicous lobster stuffing. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Not one of these teeny 3 inch lobster tails - I'm talking 7-8 inches long. It came with red rice & pigeon peas, salad, and fried plantains.

We had so much fun and didn't want to leave. Melany set up karaoke for the next night and we promised to return. We came back on Sunday night, warmly greeted by everyone there, and had the time of our lives. There were a lot of people there and they had an eclectic song list. Having never done karaoke before I surprised even myself when I was up there singing! Now I can say my first karaoke was in Cat Island!

If you go to Cat island, you definitely have to check out the Hot Spot. Get to know the regulars and Melany - you won't regret it!

• Visited March 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“WOW, SOOOO AWESOME!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I love the Hot Spot. Fun people, top of the line food that is full of love. I heard karoke night is awesome but I missed it. :-( Truly a precious gem in a 24 karat setting! A must go (and go again!)

• Visited March 2013
Old Bight, Cat Island, The Bahamas
“"great food,awesome presentation,warm and inviting atmosphere" !!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

If its great food ,awesome presentation and a friendly atmosphere that u desire then you must visit The Hot Spot.Melony is simply delightful and has a variety of delicious food and drink specialties that will have u begging for more.Once you have experienced the welcoming and relaxing ambience of The Hot Spot it would be impossible when visiting Cat Island and not return.Great food great atmosphere what more can u ask for and it can all be found at The Hot Spot, Cat Island !!!

• Visited August 2013