“Weak effort at food and horrible service.”
Review of Sammy's Place

Sammy's Place
Ranked #16 of 84 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Cuisines: Bahamian
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The food was cold and soggy, which is not a good thing when you have fried conch and French fries.... It took about thirty minutes to get our order in and another thirty minutes to get drinks delivered. Skip it.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

A nice local place with plenty of signs to help you find it which is unusual for Eleuthera. This alone was very helpful in us finding Sammy's. We stopped in on the way back from Lighthouse beach. We came in right after the church crowd so there weren't too many people in there. We both had a couple of Kalik beers with our meals. I had grilled grouper with veggies and my husband a grouper sandwich, both of which were excellent.

It was the perfect time to catch a meal- the place was near empty and there was some prep going on in the kitchen. We got to talking to our waitress and she took us back into kitchen and she showed us the the crabs and rice she was making for the special that night!

2  Thank lovthecarib
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We started the morning in Palmetto Pt and figured we would find breakfast somewhere on the way to the Lighthouse. The pickings were few. In Rock Sound we saw signs to Sammy's and took a look It was about 10:00 am and no one was there and the bldg looked unimpressive so we kept on driving. In town we asked in a shop where to go and were told immediately to go to Sammy's. the place is very clean and the staff very friendly. I tried the fish stew, grouper steak in gravy, with grits. It was great but heavy. My wife had a Spanish omelette which was very good and spicy. If you are in the area, go there.

2  Thank Rocks_road
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We were exploring around Rock Sound and decided to stop in at Sammy's. We were so happy that we did. The bartender was super friendly. My wife ordered a 'rum punch', and what a 'PUNCH' that cocktail had. The bartender said "Let me know if it's too strong". Great rum punch, with a float of dark rum on top. I enjoyed my favorite beer Kahlik. We ordered cracked conch, and that was excellent. My wife enjoyed the rum punch so mush She ordered a second one! Wow!

2  Thank ChicagoBear11
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Sammy's is a well known local spot in Rock Sound. It is one of the first places people recommend to eat in the area. I have been there several times, place is clean, staff is friendly, but very, very slow. Every single time I have eaten there, the dish I wanted (and I picked different things) was "out". So I settled for the fish of the day or a hamburg. Coffee is Nescafe instant.
There are better restaurants in this area.