“Great day on Eleuthera visiting the sandbar and snorkeling!”
Review of Eleuthera Tours

Eleuthera Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Come spend a day with us and fully experience Eleuthera from a native's viewpoint. We offer tours that get you out on the water so you can see beyond the beach... you can experience what it is to be Bahamian! Snorkel for conch - a sweet delicacy from the sea; fish with just a handline to catch some local favorites such as snapper, trigger, groupers; explore the sparkling crystal clear shallows around the shifting sandbars near deserted islands; savor a locally harvested meal freshly prepared and grilled on an open fire on the beach; snorkel beautiful reefs right off shore; explore remote lighthouses and sandstone cliffs; and enjoy a refreshing rum punch! This is a completely natural day in an unforgettable environment.
Atlanta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day on Eleuthera visiting the sandbar and snorkeling!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I had a great time, it was one of our two best days on Eleuthera. Donald is a fantastic guide. He is knowledgeable, cheerful, always smiling, and has some great stories. We visited the sandbars, which were very neat, and also did some snorkeling. I was just great being out in the boat skimming over the pristine waters of Eleuthera. Thanks to Donald and his son for showing us a great day!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Snorkeling and marker sand bars”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Booked a part snorkeling, part marker sand bars trip last week. The sandbars are truly
Extraordinary, one of the most unusual and beautiful places I have been. We then proceeded
To snorkel in a deeper area than some of the people were comfortable with, Donald immediately
Recognized this and brought us to a beautiful area with plenty of fish and beautiful coral close to shore. We all enjoyed a delicious lunch of fish sandwiches on homemade bread and rum punch
Or lemonade.
I want to especially thank Donald's son. My brothers wife did not feel comfortable in the water
And he tied himself to her and with a life jacket on and holding a buoy she was able to
Experience the beauty beneath the water. They made a very fun, safe day for us.
I highly recommend the trip. One of the best days of our vacation!
Thank you both.

Visited March 2014
San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Eleuthera Tours knows their stuff!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Booked with Kristel and Donald and had a fabulous time. Donald knows the great spots, is very patient, a lot of fun and will stay out as long as you like. Lunch and rum punch provided which was a great treat. Would not hesitate to book again with them, and look forward to another trip there.

Newport News, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous day on Lighthouse Beach!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I came in to Eleuthera with Princess Cruises. The last thing we wanted to do was stay at Princess Cays with all the folks getting off the ship and hanging around on that giant sandbar. We read great reviews of Lighthouse Beach on TripAdvisor and also great reviews on Eleuthera Tours. Our time with Eleuthera Tours was absolutely fantastic! Donald was very kind, friendly, and outgoing. He was always cracking jokes or telling us some interesting information about the island. At the same time, he was also very good about just letting us go off and do our thing on the beach while he prepared a lunch for us which consisted of grilled conch, rice, beans, and potatoes. They were very easy to work with by simple email communication and were willing to accept cash payment the day of the tour. Overall, my wife and I had a great time with these folks. Well worth the money and the time away from the large cruise group.

1 Thank DMRob
Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful day”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stopped at Eleuthera on our Princess cruise (Princess Cays) and wanted to see the "real" Eleuthera, not the private island with the hoards of other people. This was probably the best day I've ever had of any trip I've ever been on! Donald was amazing! He met us outside the Princess Cays gate in his truck and we along with 3 other couples were on the Lighthouse Beach tour (not really a tour, thank goodness). We explored a bit of the area on our own (the abandoned lighthouse) then spent the day just relaxing on the beautiful beach. Donald prepared an excellent lunch of fresh conch, peas and rice, salad and rum punch and we dined at the lovely table he set up for us. So delicious! I highly recommend this excursion for anyone who doesn't want to be with 2,000 + other people on a mediocre beach at Princess Cays and see the real island and the most beautiful beach in the world! Thank you Donald for a day we'll never forget!

1 Thank yybgal