“A beautiful day!”
Review of Eleuthera Tours

Eleuthera Tours
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Come spend a day with us and fully experience Eleuthera from a native's viewpoint. We offer tours that get you out on the water so you can see beyond the beach... you can experience what it is to be Bahamian! Snorkel for conch - a sweet delicacy from the sea; fish with just a handline to catch some local favorites such as snapper, trigger, groupers; explore the sparkling crystal clear shallows around the shifting sandbars near deserted islands; savor a locally harvested meal freshly prepared and grilled on an open fire on the beach; snorkel beautiful reefs right off shore; explore remote lighthouses and sandstone cliffs; and enjoy a refreshing rum punch! This is a completely natural day in an unforgettable environment.
Alpharetta, Georgia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A beautiful day!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked the "Snorkeling and Shells" excursion during our week-long visit to Eleuthera, and it was definitely one of the highlights of our week! Captain Donald and his son met us at the Cape Eleuthera Marina (allow a LOT of time if you're driving!). We made two snorkeling stops with equipment provided, and saw a lot of beautiful fish.

However, the highlight of the trip was the Marker Bars, which seemed to stretch forever! The water was shallow and crystal clear, and we found dozens of sand dollars, sea biscuits, conch shells, hermit crabs, etc. It was almost like walking on water.

While stopped on the sand bar, we had a picnic lunch of smoked fish and chicken salad on homemade bread. They were even kind enough to provide celery sticks for the gluten-free members of our group to eat the fish dip. It was absolutely perfect.

When we got back in to the harbor, several large nurse sharks followed the boat in, and we got to watch them circle in the water. Amazing!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sue S
Kristelsea, Owner at Eleuthera Tours, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thanks so much for the great review. It was a pleasure to accommodate your needs. We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves and got to have a great experience. The Marker Bars are my personal favorite. If the tide stayed low I could spend all day there!!!

Kristel and Donald

Fisher
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Escape from Cruise Ship”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

So glad we found Eleuthera Tours! This was our favorite part of a 9 day spring break trip on Ruby Princess. First, we are not cruisers, this was really our first cruise (potentially last) and we really did it to accommodate the interests of 5 teenagers and give them some freedom! We are all certified divers and typically rent houses or stay in resorts in more remote areas where the diving is good. So Eleuthera Tours (ET) was such a respite from the buffets and the cruise ports!

The day we took our tour ET was without their normal transportation, the transmission went out on their bus. They rounded up friends and family to transport 10 of us to Lighthouse Beach. They were so apologetic, honestly I am so happy it worked out this way. We took a 15-20 minute ride to the beach. The beach was absolutely breathtaking and there were no other people except for Donald and two of his children. We spent the day relaxing, exploring and snorkeling. Even our teens were content all day playing in the sand, exploring and just gazing at the mesmerizing blue water. Donald provided a beautiful lunch under the shade of Palm trees on the beach. Fresh conch, peas and rice, salad and rum punch. So simple and delicious. A truly memorable day for our entire family. This taste of Eleuthera has us looking at a return to the island. We met Patty, a friend of ET that gave us a ride in her SUV to the beach. She shared with us all kinds of great information about the Island School there and now we are seriously looking into the programs offered for our youngest son. Perfect perfect day!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jennifer M
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“An Incredible Way to Experience Eleuthera”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had been to Eleuthera many times before, and am usually very much a do-it-yourself type of person, or so I thought... until I experienced it through this tour. It was like experiencing and (falling in love) with the island all over again, because I was able to experience from a different perspective and see it's beauty from the outside-in. On this trip, I brought the family, including my 80 yr-old father. I knew that I wanted my parents to experience LightHouse beach, but I also knew that they wouldn't be able to handle the long bumpy drive in (if we had done it by car), so I chose for them to experience it by boat, with Eleuthera Tours on their 'Lighthouse Beach by Boat' tour. What a fantastic decision! This tour with Donald and first mate Andrew was the highlight of our visit - and it made this family trip so memorable. We met Donald and his lovely wife Kristel at David Harbour, then we hopped on the boat with Andrew to head out to sea (unfortunately Kristel couldn't join us). We caught some barracudas on the way to LightHouse beach - that was thrilling! When we anchored near shore, Donald was amazing - he literally carried my father (who has a bad knee) off the boat gently and placed him in the water, and he did the same for my Mom (who I think quite enjoyed being carried b a strong man)! We had fun exploring the beach while Donald and Andrew grilled up a delicious conch lunch with rice and peas and veggies... along with some wonderfully refreshing rum punch. They even gave us souvenir bottles to bring home pink sand from Lighthouse beach. Donald and Andrew were the perfect hosts. We laughed, shared stories, sang songs. Donald even climbed a tree to pick us fresh coconuts! LightHouse beach itself is incredible and pictures can't do it enough justice. Coincidentally, the day of the tour was also my birthday (and I couldn't have picked a better way to celebrate it)!
On a personal note, with my father getting up there in age, I treasure the rare opportunities to experiences adventures and build memories as wonderful as this one. The memories that this tour has brought to my family and to me, are ones that I cannot replicate anywhere else in the world. The pictures and the videos that I was able to capture were something out of a travel magazine - and I'll be able to look back on them forever. It was such a special, fun and amazing experience, thanks to Donald, Andrew (and Kristel too!). I recommend this experience to anyone who visits Eleuthera, whether it's your first visit, or your 20th. Here's the video of our experience: vimeo.com/83241841

Visited November 2013
2 Thank islandcoo
Clarksville, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“This is what I will be doing if I visit The Bahamas again!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

What a great experience! We were all really looking forward to this tour and it superseded our expectations! It was truly an authentic local tour. We ventured around the beach for a bit and thought about snorkeling but ended up having too much fun joking with Donald and the other couples that had joined the tour. Our lunch was absolutely fantastic! One of the best meals I had during our entire cruise. The punch was actually stronger than I expected and we all had a great time! If you are open to meeting new people, trying new things and learning about a new culture, this is the tour for you. I can't wait to try another tour one day! Don't miss this!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Andi C
Kristelsea, Owner at Eleuthera Tours, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thanks for the great review! We're glad your day was super and that you had fun as a group and we'd love to see you back for a longer visit!
Taunton, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lighthouse Beach tour 3/28/14”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This excursion was the highlight of our Ruby Princess cruise. Rather than baking at Princess Cay which we've done b/f, we researched this beach experience with Eleuthera Tours. Donald our guide, was the creme' de creme' of hosts & was aptly assisted by Rosie. We met up w/7 other adventurers & spent the day at Lighthouse Beach. Donald prepared a meal on an open campfire while we enjoyed the company of our new friends & explored this awe inspiring beach.
If you enjoy crystal clear waters & waves and sugary sand under your toes with beautiful 360 degree scenery this is the tour to book! Donald truly loves his business and his island and now, we do, too. Hope we meet Crystal next time. Big hello to "Connecticut", his daughter & granddaughter, Marilyn & Jimbo, Joanie & Mark! Hope to see you again in Eleuthera!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank NewEnglandGal
Kristelsea, Owner at Eleuthera Tours, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
We're so glad you were able to make your Princess Cays visit so much fun with us! Lighthouse Beach is a pretty amazing spot and a must see for our long term guests, so it's great you got to see one of the best spots on Eleuthera for your one day cruise port visit! Thank you for the kind words and hopefully we'll see you again one day!