“Blue Lagoon anyone?!”
Review of Eleuthera Tours

Eleuthera Tours
Ranked #4 of 19 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Come spend a day with us and fully experience Eleuthera from a native's viewpoint. We offer tours that get you out on the water so you can see beyond the beach... you can experience what it is to be Bahamian! Snorkel for conch - a sweet delicacy from the sea; fish with just a handline to catch some local favorites such as snapper, trigger, groupers; explore the sparkling crystal clear shallows around the shifting sandbars near deserted islands; savor a locally harvested meal freshly prepared and grilled on an open fire on the beach; snorkel beautiful reefs right off shore; explore remote lighthouses and sandstone cliffs; and enjoy a refreshing rum punch! This is a completely natural day in an unforgettable environment.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I were in Eleuthera for our 10 yr. anniversary and we booked an excursion with Donald for the Sandbar and Schooner Cays. The boat ride was breathtaking being able to see so many different colors of blue and green in the water while traveling. Once we got to the sandbar, we walked the mile long beach searching for shells, conch, sea biscuits and sea stars, which we found easily! After spending about 30 minutes on the sand bar, we got back in the boat and headed to the deserted island, where Donald set up everything and got ready to cook us lunch on the beach over an open fire! He had an umbrella and chairs and was insistent that we take them and relax while he started the fire for our lunch. About 20 minutes later he called us up to this cute little picnic table, where he had a full meal consisting of grilled conch and veggies with potato salad and peas and rice! Lots of food and it was all so delicious! He then left us on this island to spend a romantic afternoon in such a beautiful setting! Who has never dreamed of being on a deserted island with the love of your life?! It was absolutely out of a movie-that's why I titled it Blue Lagoon! I felt like Brooke Shields laying out on the sand, with the glass-like water for as far as I could see! There is nothing else to do and it was so peaceful! The most romantic part of our trip to Eleuthera by far! Thank you, Donald for making it so special for us! Funny guy with a big heart and we can't wait to go back and do a different tour with him! Maybe next time we can meet his wife!! Oh, also when we got back to the dock, there were about 7 sharks swimming under the boat! Such a neat experience!

1  Thank Bjade18

Reviewed 25 June 2014

our first trip to Eleuthera and it wont be the last!!! we had a blast going to the Shooner cays with Donald and Georgina.... BEAUTIFUL!!! Donald took us to our own island... yummy lunch and great conversation!!! oh and the rum puch!!! Krystel was awsome to work with so nice!!!!!!! i love these two... great people! Donald my shell looks great on my table!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE it!!!!
Donald... Krystel see you soon!!!! say hello to Georgina!!!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I took the lighthouse tour with Kristel and her husband Donald, and it couldn't have been a better choice. Imagine we would have been stuck on a beach with 1500+ cruisers or take the tour and have our own private beach. Our cruise had issues getting us out to land but Kristel was awesome and waited for us. It was a quick 30min drive to the Lighthouse beach and it was well worth it. Wow magnificent beach, pure peace and then they cooked us up a traditional Bahamian meal, oh and Rum punch too :) We will definitely return and definitely contact Kristel again for another tour! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Enjoyed the tour and our guide. He was very knowledgeable and I enjoyed his Bahamian prospective! Took us everywhere we wanted to go!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My fiancee and my parents had the best time at Lighthouse Beach! Crystal would always quickly reply to any questions we had, and from the initial booking to the tour itself was completely worry-free. Donald took such good care of us throughout the entire day, he gave us lots of time to explore the beach and had a delicious home-cooked lunch for us. Then came the rum punch! Needless to say, the rest of the afternoon and drive back was filled with smiles, laughter and some spilled drinks in the back of the truck! I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the island, but I would DEFINITELY recommend this tour to anyone being sent to Princess Cayes from the cruise ship. Once the tour was over, we went back to Princess Cayes, and we were all very thankful that we did not spend the entire day there! Would much rather spend the afternoon with Donald at Lighthouse Beach, any time!

1  Thank Justin C
Kristelsea, Owner at Eleuthera Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures and great review! I'm glad we were able to create such good memories for you and your family!