“One of the best experiences of my life!”
Review of Eleuthera Tours

Eleuthera Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Come spend a day with us and fully experience Eleuthera from a native's viewpoint. We offer tours that get you out on the water so you can see beyond the beach... you can experience what it is to be Bahamian! Snorkel for conch - a sweet delicacy from the sea; fish with just a handline to catch some local favorites such as snapper, trigger, groupers; explore the sparkling crystal clear shallows around the shifting sandbars near deserted islands; savor a locally harvested meal freshly prepared and grilled on an open fire on the beach; snorkel beautiful reefs right off shore; explore remote lighthouses and sandstone cliffs; and enjoy a refreshing rum punch! This is a completely natural day in an unforgettable environment.
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences of my life!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friend Samantha and I took a trip to Eleuthera this July. We have been looking forward to this trip for five months and planned it very carefully in order to get the best of the short seven days we had on the island. The third exciting activity on our list was the trip to Schooner Cays with Eleuthera Tours. We arrived at 10 am and were immediately welcomed by Donald and his son Talino. Donald was very friendly and pleasant and right away I knew this would be great fun! We were joined by other two people whose trip to the Lighthouse Beach was cancelled due to weather and we did not mind at all because, on top of more good company, it made our trip even less expensive. We headed out to the Schooner Cays first where we swam and snorkeled in the shallow crystal clear waters and relaxed on the beach. Donald cooked lunch on an open fire and then served it to us on a table set with flowers and drinks. We had pleasant conversations when a quick rainstorm hit and we ran to "hide" in the warm sea. The sun soon returned and we moved onto the Marker sandbars. Talino helped us look for shells and sand dollars. We snorkeled around the sandbars as well and got a good view of a stingray and a great barracuda which had no interest in us. We found one lonely sea bisquit and some great conch shells. The color of the water was breathtaking. On our way back we got an extra treat in form of short snorkeling trip to reefs south of the Cape Eleuthera. As someone who never snorkeled before, I was afraid to get into the water where I could not stand. Donald encouraged me to give it try so I decided that I could not miss this opportunity and it was absolutely amazing! Gorgeous reefs, ton of colorful fish, I really did not want this to end. But eventually we had to get back to the boat. On our way to the Cape, one of our fellow travelers mentioned her desire to see a shark. Teenagers! Well, no problem, Donald mentioned. Can be "arranged" as well. Within minutes, when we were close to the dock, as on command six nurse sharks paid us a visit. Donald knows the sea, the weather and everything surrounding his business like the back of his hand making the experience exceptionally memorable. This trip was ABSOLUTELY amazing and I highly encourage visitors to Eleuthera to make time for it while they are planning their trip.

Visited July 2014
Kristelsea, Owner at Eleuthera Tours, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
What! Only one lone sea biscuit? We may have to start limiting how many guests can take!!! Nah.. there are good spots and spots where there are none... just need to keep looking to find that good spot! I'm glad you got to snorkel..it's not usually part of this tour, but Donald does know how to please our guests! Thanks for your patronage and maybe we'll see you again for another tour down the road!
Kristel and Donald

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Blue Lagoon anyone?!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I were in Eleuthera for our 10 yr. anniversary and we booked an excursion with Donald for the Sandbar and Schooner Cays. The boat ride was breathtaking being able to see so many different colors of blue and green in the water while traveling. Once we got to the sandbar, we walked the mile long beach searching for shells, conch, sea biscuits and sea stars, which we found easily! After spending about 30 minutes on the sand bar, we got back in the boat and headed to the deserted island, where Donald set up everything and got ready to cook us lunch on the beach over an open fire! He had an umbrella and chairs and was insistent that we take them and relax while he started the fire for our lunch. About 20 minutes later he called us up to this cute little picnic table, where he had a full meal consisting of grilled conch and veggies with potato salad and peas and rice! Lots of food and it was all so delicious! He then left us on this island to spend a romantic afternoon in such a beautiful setting! Who has never dreamed of being on a deserted island with the love of your life?! It was absolutely out of a movie-that's why I titled it Blue Lagoon! I felt like Brooke Shields laying out on the sand, with the glass-like water for as far as I could see! There is nothing else to do and it was so peaceful! The most romantic part of our trip to Eleuthera by far! Thank you, Donald for making it so special for us! Funny guy with a big heart and we can't wait to go back and do a different tour with him! Maybe next time we can meet his wife!! Oh, also when we got back to the dock, there were about 7 sharks swimming under the boat! Such a neat experience!

1 Thank Bjade18
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

our first trip to Eleuthera and it wont be the last!!! we had a blast going to the Shooner cays with Donald and Georgina.... BEAUTIFUL!!! Donald took us to our own island... yummy lunch and great conversation!!! oh and the rum puch!!! Krystel was awsome to work with so nice!!!!!!! i love these two... great people! Donald my shell looks great on my table!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE it!!!!
Donald... Krystel see you soon!!!! say hello to Georgina!!!!!

South Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lighthouse Tour - the best!!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I took the lighthouse tour with Kristel and her husband Donald, and it couldn't have been a better choice. Imagine we would have been stuck on a beach with 1500+ cruisers or take the tour and have our own private beach. Our cruise had issues getting us out to land but Kristel was awesome and waited for us. It was a quick 30min drive to the Lighthouse beach and it was well worth it. Wow magnificent beach, pure peace and then they cooked us up a traditional Bahamian meal, oh and Rum punch too :) We will definitely return and definitely contact Kristel again for another tour! Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing time”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Enjoyed the tour and our guide. He was very knowledgeable and I enjoyed his Bahamian prospective! Took us everywhere we wanted to go!