“Incredible way to see Eleuthera”
Review of Eleuthera Tours

Eleuthera Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Come spend a day with us and fully experience Eleuthera from a native's viewpoint. We offer tours that get you out on the water so you can see beyond the beach... you can experience what it is to be Bahamian! Snorkel for conch - a sweet delicacy from the sea; fish with just a handline to catch some local favorites such as snapper, trigger, groupers; explore the sparkling crystal clear shallows around the shifting sandbars near deserted islands; savor a locally harvested meal freshly prepared and grilled on an open fire on the beach; snorkel beautiful reefs right off shore; explore remote lighthouses and sandstone cliffs; and enjoy a refreshing rum punch! This is a completely natural day in an unforgettable environment.
Rocklin, CA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Incredible way to see Eleuthera”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just got back from Eleuthera and the "Coral Reefs and Sea Shells Tour" with Eleuthera Tours was the absolute highlight of our vacation!!!!

We are a family of four with two kids (15, 10) and we all absolutely loved our trip out with Eleutehra Tours. Kristal handled our booking with extreme care by helping us match up a tour to our needs and Donald (who probably knows the sea better than anyone on the island) took very good care of us out on the water.

Snorkeling was excellent and he will choose a location that suits your skill level and he's really flexible if there is something you really want to see or do. In fact, he gave us time for two sites. After that he perfectly timed our visit to the famed "Marker Bars". We were in what appeared to be open ocean when all of the sudden sand bars began appearing all around us as the tide went out. Quite an incredible sight and difficult to describe. Easily one of the most magnificant places we've ever been too. Donald anchored the boat and gave us all the time we needed to enjoy our provided homemade lunch (delicious!), to explore our private islands and to collect as many seashells we could carry back with us!

We had the boat all to ourselves, though I'd imagine it would hold 6-8 maximum. Donald's #1 priority is your safety and we felt at ease with him the moment we met him. Look, anyone can offer you a tour but what makes it an unforgettable experience is the people giving the tour. We highly recommend Eleuthera Tours for families or anyone looking for an adventure.

A few other notes: Bathrooms and supplies are available at the Cape Eleuthera Marina before you set out. There's not a lot of shade on the boat so bring your suncreen/hats. They will provide snorkeling gear if you ask ahead of time and the boat is equipped with life vests.

1 Thank Have4WillTravel

Monkton, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Coral Reef and Sea Shells”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were in Eleuthera last week, for the first time. My daughter found the Eleuthera Tours website and called to see if they could accommodate all 8 of us the next day! She spoke with Kristel and together, they decided on the Coral Reef & Sea Shell tour. We arrived a little late, and Donald was there to great us, and couldn't have been more gracious! We went to several cove areas to snorkel, and then to a private little sand island in the middle of the ocean, for lunch prepared by Kristel! It was delicious--even our skeptical fish eaters truly enjoyed the sandwiches on homemade bread! And, the rum punch was a hit as well!

We saw many species of fish, along with some barracudas, who were just curious about us (we were reassured by Donald and his vast knowledge of the ocean and area). We also saw several conchs and even huge starfish! Everyone was happy with the sand dollars, sea biscuits and other pretty shells we came home with--they made nice gifts too! We also saw several sharks hanging out in the marina when we returned--we were not in the water at that point! The kids were so excited to see them swimming around, hoping we were returning fishermen!

I highly recommend this trip to anyone. We had 6 teenage/early 20's , along with my husband and I--it was perfect! We plan to return to Eleuthera, and will definitely take another one of their trips!

Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences of my life!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friend Samantha and I took a trip to Eleuthera this July. We have been looking forward to this trip for five months and planned it very carefully in order to get the best of the short seven days we had on the island. The third exciting activity on our list was the trip to Schooner Cays with Eleuthera Tours. We arrived at 10 am and were immediately welcomed by Donald and his son Talino. Donald was very friendly and pleasant and right away I knew this would be great fun! We were joined by other two people whose trip to the Lighthouse Beach was cancelled due to weather and we did not mind at all because, on top of more good company, it made our trip even less expensive. We headed out to the Schooner Cays first where we swam and snorkeled in the shallow crystal clear waters and relaxed on the beach. Donald cooked lunch on an open fire and then served it to us on a table set with flowers and drinks. We had pleasant conversations when a quick rainstorm hit and we ran to "hide" in the warm sea. The sun soon returned and we moved onto the Marker sandbars. Talino helped us look for shells and sand dollars. We snorkeled around the sandbars as well and got a good view of a stingray and a great barracuda which had no interest in us. We found one lonely sea bisquit and some great conch shells. The color of the water was breathtaking. On our way back we got an extra treat in form of short snorkeling trip to reefs south of the Cape Eleuthera. As someone who never snorkeled before, I was afraid to get into the water where I could not stand. Donald encouraged me to give it try so I decided that I could not miss this opportunity and it was absolutely amazing! Gorgeous reefs, ton of colorful fish, I really did not want this to end. But eventually we had to get back to the boat. On our way to the Cape, one of our fellow travelers mentioned her desire to see a shark. Teenagers! Well, no problem, Donald mentioned. Can be "arranged" as well. Within minutes, when we were close to the dock, as on command six nurse sharks paid us a visit. Donald knows the sea, the weather and everything surrounding his business like the back of his hand making the experience exceptionally memorable. This trip was ABSOLUTELY amazing and I highly encourage visitors to Eleuthera to make time for it while they are planning their trip.

Kristelsea, Owner at Eleuthera Tours, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
What! Only one lone sea biscuit? We may have to start limiting how many guests can take!!! Nah.. there are good spots and spots where there are none... just need to keep looking to find that good spot! I'm glad you got to snorkel..it's not usually part of this tour, but Donald does know how to please our guests! Thanks for your patronage and maybe we'll see you again for another tour down the road!
Kristel and Donald
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Blue Lagoon anyone?!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I were in Eleuthera for our 10 yr. anniversary and we booked an excursion with Donald for the Sandbar and Schooner Cays. The boat ride was breathtaking being able to see so many different colors of blue and green in the water while traveling. Once we got to the sandbar, we walked the mile long beach searching for shells, conch, sea biscuits and sea stars, which we found easily! After spending about 30 minutes on the sand bar, we got back in the boat and headed to the deserted island, where Donald set up everything and got ready to cook us lunch on the beach over an open fire! He had an umbrella and chairs and was insistent that we take them and relax while he started the fire for our lunch. About 20 minutes later he called us up to this cute little picnic table, where he had a full meal consisting of grilled conch and veggies with potato salad and peas and rice! Lots of food and it was all so delicious! He then left us on this island to spend a romantic afternoon in such a beautiful setting! Who has never dreamed of being on a deserted island with the love of your life?! It was absolutely out of a movie-that's why I titled it Blue Lagoon! I felt like Brooke Shields laying out on the sand, with the glass-like water for as far as I could see! There is nothing else to do and it was so peaceful! The most romantic part of our trip to Eleuthera by far! Thank you, Donald for making it so special for us! Funny guy with a big heart and we can't wait to go back and do a different tour with him! Maybe next time we can meet his wife!! Oh, also when we got back to the dock, there were about 7 sharks swimming under the boat! Such a neat experience!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bjade18
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

our first trip to Eleuthera and it wont be the last!!! we had a blast going to the Shooner cays with Donald and Georgina.... BEAUTIFUL!!! Donald took us to our own island... yummy lunch and great conversation!!! oh and the rum puch!!! Krystel was awsome to work with so nice!!!!!!! i love these two... great people! Donald my shell looks great on my table!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE it!!!!
Donald... Krystel see you soon!!!! say hello to Georgina!!!!!

Visited June 2014