“Such an experience”
Review of Eleuthera Tours

Eleuthera Tours
Ranked #4 of 19 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Come spend a day with us and fully experience Eleuthera from a native's viewpoint. We offer tours that get you out on the water so you can see beyond the beach... you can experience what it is to be Bahamian! Snorkel for conch - a sweet delicacy from the sea; fish with just a handline to catch some local favorites such as snapper, trigger, groupers; explore the sparkling crystal clear shallows around the shifting sandbars near deserted islands; savor a locally harvested meal freshly prepared and grilled on an open fire on the beach; snorkel beautiful reefs right off shore; explore remote lighthouses and sandstone cliffs; and enjoy a refreshing rum punch! This is a completely natural day in an unforgettable environment.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Eleuthera tours was great. They took my young family on an experience that we will never forget. It was myself, wife, my 5 yr old boy and 9 yr old girl. Donald was the captain. He also had his son as an assistant. They both made sure we had the best time possible. They really catered to what we wanted. We went snorkeling first. They took us to a nice spot. After that we went looking for Conch. This was especially great because the current took us. We just floated while we snorkeled across the ocean seeing lots of beautiful giant star fish and conch. The highlight of our trip was that they took us to Marker Key. It was pretty exciting because he dropped us off and went back to shore. We felt like we were stranded on a tropical island all by ourselves. He left us with his homemade strawberry snapper sandwiches on homemade bread. Man Donald, those were so good! Thanks Donald. Your wife was very nice in helping us book the trip and you and your son were great. See ya next year.

2  Thank southerntravelers1

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We just returned from our tour to Markers Bar today and it was beyond incredible! Donald dove and caught us some fresh coral fish (aka, lobsters without claws) which he cooked fresh on the beach while our 10 year old and one year old wandered markers bar in the middle of the Atlantic. I was skeptical about taking my baby out on a small boat in the ocean, but Don was incredible with her! We ate awesome fish sandwiches and enjoyed our private tour as a family! Donald even was super patient with my son who refused to snorkel in the open water; but when we returned to the marina he decided it was time to dive in! Even though we could fully see sharks and a sting ray from the boat he gladly jumped in with my husband and son and made them both feel safe. It was a day we will never, ever forget. My little girl LOVED wading in the shallows and picking up shells and coral. If you are debating spending the money...it is beyond worth it!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband Robert and I took the Coral Reefs and Seashells trip with Eleuthera Tours in June. It was just the two of us and Donald, so I felt like I was back in high school spending the afternoon on a boat with friends.

“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” Wind in the Willows

And that is what we did. Just messed around for the day. We started with a drift snorkel in a channel where we saw a sting ray and lots of fish. Then we moved on to two different sets of coral heads in shallow water. It was more beautiful than 4th Hole if you can imagine. Robert came up behind a 5 foot nurse shark wrapped around a coral head that slithered off right away. The coral was beautiful and there were lots of fish, especially one of my favorites, the Gray Angelfish. The second shallow area we went to must have been the daycare area. There were a gazillion tiny fish completely filling a cutout in the reef. It was mesmerizing.

But wait, there’s more. We ended the trip with a stop at Marker Bars. I love seashells. So I wolfed down my incredible grouper salad sandwich and rum punch to head out and collect some shells. Robert and Donald ate more leisurely and chatted. Donald pointed me in the right direction and said to look for color. I found as many sea biscuits and sunrise tellins as I could carry. Even after I culled them for only the most perfect ones, I had plenty of souvenirs for my family and co-workers back home.

We headed back to the marina at the end of a perfect day in paradise. Like I said, I felt like we were spending the day with a good friend. We are anxious to share this trip with our family next year. Last year we went on the Schooner Cays trip which was equally delightful. I would recommend both trips depending on your preference of relaxing or snorkeling. It doesn’t get any better in the Bahamas.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just got back from Eleuthera and the "Coral Reefs and Sea Shells Tour" with Eleuthera Tours was the absolute highlight of our vacation!!!!

We are a family of four with two kids (15, 10) and we all absolutely loved our trip out with Eleutehra Tours. Kristal handled our booking with extreme care by helping us match up a tour to our needs and Donald (who probably knows the sea better than anyone on the island) took very good care of us out on the water.

Snorkeling was excellent and he will choose a location that suits your skill level and he's really flexible if there is something you really want to see or do. In fact, he gave us time for two sites. After that he perfectly timed our visit to the famed "Marker Bars". We were in what appeared to be open ocean when all of the sudden sand bars began appearing all around us as the tide went out. Quite an incredible sight and difficult to describe. Easily one of the most magnificant places we've ever been too. Donald anchored the boat and gave us all the time we needed to enjoy our provided homemade lunch (delicious!), to explore our private islands and to collect as many seashells we could carry back with us!

We had the boat all to ourselves, though I'd imagine it would hold 6-8 maximum. Donald's #1 priority is your safety and we felt at ease with him the moment we met him. Look, anyone can offer you a tour but what makes it an unforgettable experience is the people giving the tour. We highly recommend Eleuthera Tours for families or anyone looking for an adventure.

A few other notes: Bathrooms and supplies are available at the Cape Eleuthera Marina before you set out. There's not a lot of shade on the boat so bring your suncreen/hats. They will provide snorkeling gear if you ask ahead of time and the boat is equipped with life vests.

1  Thank Have4WillTravel
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were in Eleuthera last week, for the first time. My daughter found the Eleuthera Tours website and called to see if they could accommodate all 8 of us the next day! She spoke with Kristel and together, they decided on the Coral Reef & Sea Shell tour. We arrived a little late, and Donald was there to great us, and couldn't have been more gracious! We went to several cove areas to snorkel, and then to a private little sand island in the middle of the ocean, for lunch prepared by Kristel! It was delicious--even our skeptical fish eaters truly enjoyed the sandwiches on homemade bread! And, the rum punch was a hit as well!

We saw many species of fish, along with some barracudas, who were just curious about us (we were reassured by Donald and his vast knowledge of the ocean and area). We also saw several conchs and even huge starfish! Everyone was happy with the sand dollars, sea biscuits and other pretty shells we came home with--they made nice gifts too! We also saw several sharks hanging out in the marina when we returned--we were not in the water at that point! The kids were so excited to see them swimming around, hoping we were returning fishermen!

I highly recommend this trip to anyone. We had 6 teenage/early 20's , along with my husband and I--it was perfect! We plan to return to Eleuthera, and will definitely take another one of their trips!