“The most beautiful blue sea beach”
Review of Lighthouse Beach

Lighthouse Beach
Ranked #4 of 44 things to do in Eleuthera
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The most beautiful blue sea beach”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The way there wasnt that difficult as expected, and any good driver could get there, just the last bit from the first beach to the second there is a small steppe up and down on sand that would require a 4x4 or jeep to cross it, so if you dont have one just leave your car on the first beach and walk to explore the whole place.
Bring beverages and food to stay there for some hours or the whole day but dont forget to clean and take all your rubbish with you when leaving (you can even take some rubbish that is not yours if you spot any around, just as a good gesture with nature for being in such a splendid place).
It is really what everyone said before stunning, perfect, breathtaking etc. but most special feature is that there is not infra-structure like bars, hotel etc around, so you can experience that nice felling of being alone interacting with nature in the most beautiful beach you ever discovered.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank ZiggyRomsom

Indianapolis, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Advice for Lighthouse Beach”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not much more can be said to describe this beach that hasn't already been said. Utterly beautiful...breathtaking...gorgeous...etc. But this beach takes planning...and I'd allot a full day to visit it. We stayed in the GH area and the drive is probably 90 minutes to 2 hours. And the last 30 minutes is rough! As people have said....you might think you've taken the wrong path...it's this going to be worth it? Just keep going. I'd say you need an SUV/jeep or a car with very high clearance. We saw cars that made it...and couldn't believe it. So once you've made the trek...explore the beach and stay there for awhile. It would not be worth the drive just to stay for an hour or two. And there is more than one beach. Make sure you also check out the beach just north of Lighthouse Beach proper. Check out the actual lighthouse itself...the interesting rock formations...and the gorgeous water/sand. Take everything with you to the beach...and take everything back out with you. And plan enough time to drive back. TOTALLY worth the trip...just takes a little planning.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Buffett812
Omaha, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Beach”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

From the main road it is a three miles trip on a rough road (4 wheel drive only) to the beach. Beach was beautiful and we were the only one on it for hours.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank R O
Alpharetta, Georgia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

It was a long, dusty drive, but the beach was absolutely amazing! Be sure to climb up the hill to the Lighthouse, then down to the beach on the Atlantic side to view the cliffs. Probably the most beautiful beach I have ever seen.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sue S
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Most Amazing”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I went to Lighthouse beach after reading many reviews and talking to locals and visitors who have been.

The drive is really interesting, Bahamians were walking among the bushes catching crab to sell and bagging them in big burlap sacks. One super nice lady brought one over to the suv so my kids could see, that made their day.

It is a long trip along a rough road, it would be a challenge in a car, the suv handled it no problem.

I had my inlaws with me griping about the drive the whole time, I seriously considered turning back. I am super glad I didn't.

When you get down to the beach, you realize you've found one of the most beautiful places on earth. The sand, sea, view, everything is just magnificent.

The beach is in a little cove sort of protected and facing directly south. Around a little outcrop to the east would be the atlantic, and up on top of this outcropping is the namesake lighthouse. Its certainly worth the walk up to the lighthouse and there is a very manageable path to get up. The lighthouse is working and is a fun curiosity. There is a path down to the beach on the East side here and it is definitely worth the walk down. There is a neat little cave on the way down, lots of coconuts shells and Kaliks evidence the past enjoyment (please do remove your garbage!)

There is a small island just to the south that you can actually walk to across a sandbar getting wet, depending on tide) just to your waist. I walked across with my won and would have tried to get up on the island but its very sharp rocky like much of the bahamas and I didnt' want to risk my son being hurt in such a remote place.

We went back and hung out under the gorgeous trees on the beach. My young daughter had a nap with Grandpa under the tree while we explored and after several hours finally made our way back.

What a gorgeous place, I can't wait to get back.

It is a very remote place, to take caution and anything you might need (water, food, good shoes, sunscreen) you won't find anything down there.

Also, the sand just off the road is soft, take care to park in areas well packed so as to not risk getting stuck. You'd have a heck of a time finding help to get out.

Enjoy, I would highly encourage you to see this if you can. I know I will again.

Best.