“Amazing Eco Tour and Fishing Trip : If he's good enough for Johnny Depp, he's good enough for me!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Robert's Island Adventures

Robert's Island Adventures
Ranked #5 of 25 Tours in Great Exuma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Robert's Island Adventures promises something for everyone and an unforgettable tour experience. Several different tours are available.Exuma Cays Tour. You'll ride aboard a 33', Avanti. This full-day tour begins in Barraterre and travels through the Cays with exhilarating stops at all the attractions.Reef Fishing, Sightseeing and Snorkeling-Half and full-day trips offered. Born in the Bahamas, and raised on Exuma from the time he was twelve, Captain Robert has experience and background knowledge that guests find fascinating and entertaining.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I just came back from an amazing week of vacation in Exuma with my wife and my in-laws and we had the chance to do two amazing trips with Robert. The fact that Robert carried Johnny Depp around on his boat during the shooting of Pirates of the Caribbean shows that he's one of the best captain on the island.
We first did the eco-tour where we visited some cays, watched a few turtles, snorkelled around a wrecked shipped and a coral reef. While the tides did not work in our favour to walk on the sand bar, we found a huge starfish there and took pictures with it.
We liked the first trip so much that we went fishing two days later for a full day. That was even more amazing as we caught a lot of colourful fishes (that Robert gave to a few families after offering them to us), we also snorkelled in the deep see to watch Robert spearfish and bring back lobster, huge Grouper and other amazing sea creatures. Robert not only knows Exuma like his back pocket, but he is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you are safe and happy. Thx for making this trip an amazing one Capt. Jack Sparrow!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank MoadF

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing morning fishing with William”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I went for a half day fishing trip with Robert's Island Adventures. Robert arranged to have a cab pick us up for the trip since we were staying at the Grand Isle without a car. It was 60 dollars round trip to go from Grand Isle to February Point. Not bad at all.

We had a bit of an issue with getting cash out to pay for the trip since it was a holiday. Robert said not to worry and to pay him before we leave the Island. Such a nice guy and very trusting. It truly set the tone for our entire week in Exuma.

Robert's son William was our captain and took us to 4 or 5 reefs to fish. We had a beautifully calm day and we caught a ton of fish -- strawberry grouper, yellowtail and snapper. We also caught some less attractive fish called squirrel fish that we put back into the water. William cleaned all the fish for us and we took some back to the resort to cook that night. Absolutely delicious.

The boat also has a shaded area in case anyone in your party wants to stay out of the sun.

We highly recommend Robert and his family!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kaitlin H
switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be tour ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Hi, we d like to share with you our experience and have the opportunity once more to thank Robert for the awesome day we spend together.
First, about the trip: You will see the most beautiful beaches and sand bars, Robert really knows were he brings you. He leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the scenery, plenty of time to snorkel or to fish. It s simply perfect.
2nd, about Robert: he is one of the kindest person we met. As our day had started really bad (the other company we booked a tour with (coaster line) just never showed up to pick us up....) and it was our last day, so with thought we wouldnt be able to go on a tour and see the marvellous cays. Well, when I called Robert and explained to him the situation, he asked his other guests and agreed to wait for us so we could come along!!!! SO thank you so much for everything it really made up our trip! Besides it is rather cheap compared to the other trip!
So dont hesitate and just call him, you wont regret it!

Visited July 2013
Pensacola Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I visited the Exumas as apart of a group of 7. Our trip with Robert (Captain Bob) was so much fun. He and his crew were so laid back and very friendly.

We had difficulty locating someone who could do an excursion for a reasonable price at first, then we found Capt. Bob. We explained to him that we were all recent college graduates/graduate students in college and were tight on money. He offered us a great discount.

He started us out with some pineapple juice and coconut rum as we took his boat through the islands of the rich and famous.

We then moved along to a private beach that was very beautiful, followed by the island of iguanas, which was really cool.

Then we ventured to Thunderball Grotto. It is definitely a must-see! One of our group members was afraid to snorkel into the grotto, but Cap'n Bob talked her into it by holding her hand and swimming in with her. He was such a nice guy.

We headed to Staniel Cay Yacht Club for lunch and to feed the nurse sharks. We then headed to the swimming pigs (also a lot of fun) and ended with the sandbar.

His excursion is well worth it! I'd definitely book with him again!

Visited July 2013
Story, Wyoming, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of any trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We saw large iguanas at Leaf Cay then picked up tons of shells on a huge sand bar, fed some pigs on Major Cay and my personal favorite snorkeling in Thunderball Grotto. I suggest taking some crackers with you as you go in the cave system. Once entered, there is an opening in the ceiling and the cave is filled in light. Break up the crackers in hand and you'll be swarmed by reef fish. I took my 6 year old and this was his first time snorkeling, Robert stuck by his side until I could take over. You don't have to pack a lunch, you'll get to enjoy a perfect meal at the marina. I would just bring your snorkel gear and some sun protection. Oh and don't forget your camera!

My husband and I have ran into Robert over the years while visiting Exuma. We've fished with him on the flats and enjoyed is excellent meals at the Bonefish Lodge. His company is always fun-filled and we can't wait to go out and visit the Cays again with him. His business is a local family operated affair just the kind we love to support. We hope you'll enjoy it too. He will also accommodate any other boating adventure that you might have in mind.

Visited May 2013