I use Trip Advisor to research all of our vacation spots but have never written a review. We try to write the resort directly with our thanks and comments but this time we were encouraged by the Sandals staff to post the review here as they do read them.
We are very frequent Sandals visitors and this resort is one of their best! This was our 5th stay and will not be our last. The beach, room and food were all terrific! We feel this rates as one of their top resorts!
An important aspect of Sandals is their staff. Starting with David Kerr (Come Back Soon Dept) who has always went out of his way to ensure our stay met our expectations, Sophia, at the egg station, who was always pleasant and smiling, Kenwood & Gerard at the main pool bar, Georgette, the photographer, who made everyone feel like they belonged on the resort, Floyd at the French Restaurant and, of course, Sophia and Heston (the piano player) in the main bar. We would also like to mention the GM, Mr. Mutton. Altough we did not have the opportunity to spend any time with Jeremy every one of his staff members had only good things to say about him. We think he does a great job and when the staff are so supportive with their leader it sure makes for a happy and vibrant environment.
Yes, the sand fleas can be a nuisance so be prepared - they say Avon Skin so Soft works.
Suggestions for Sandals - at all their resorts - more small plastic tables for the beach chairs. We're beach people and other than the "butler" set ups, these table are virtually non existent on the beach. Such a small item....
We recommend this resort.
Now, on to Whitehouse for Christmas!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Bahamas/Great Exuma