4,655 results
All reviews french restaurant drunken duck butler service quiet pool main pool il cielo piano bar the pub la parisienne emerald bay cafe de paris butler suite red lane spa island routes jeremy mutton ocean safari our honeymoon
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I decided on Sandals Emerald Bay for our honeymoon location and we were NOT disappointed. I did my research prior to our travels and became slightly nervous about some of the negativity, but it proved to be in vain! Here are some of my tips and loves:

Loves:
The food: my husband is a picky eater. He gained 5 pounds. The food is amazing from the breakfast buffet, lunch time offerings of pizza/burgers, to the reservation only fine dining, all were unbelievable. The french pastry/coffee house is open late and the offerings are delectable.

The view from an ocean view room

The beach - crystal waters, minimal seaweed, clean beach.

The staff: friendly, kind, and will go out of there way for you.

The room service and fully stocked bar. Did I mention the pillow menu?

Tips:

Pay more for the view. It truly is worth it.

Can't afford a butler room? That is OK - the staff is so helpful and a little exercise to retrieve your own drinks won't hurt you after the calories you will consume. We went with concierge and they were all we needed.

Read the daily schedule for activities - we almost missed an all you can eat chocolate bar!

Play the back 9 of golf - or at the very least walk it, it is one of the most beautiful parts of the resort.

USE BUG SPRAY. Please for the love of all things use the bug spray.

Lastly - book this trip and take us with you. We will be back.

10  Thank Twinkybean
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Hello there and thank you for your spirited review!
We are thrilled that you had a fantastic honeymoon at Sandals Emerald Bay! It's perfect for newlyweds to relax and explore an amazing Caribbean paradise!
We hope you return soon and look forward to making many more memorable moments with you! :)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this resort in November of 2012!

I am writing this review, after having just stayed at the Sandals Grande Antigua.

I want everyone to know just how amazing this resort is! We had an absolute great time with the most amazing service, accommodations and food.

Coming from Antigua (which was not bad, you can read my review on that resort as well), we really appreciated the experience we had here! The staff went above and beyond to make sure you were happy, the service was out of this world and the food was excellent. If you are looking for paradise, serenity, beautiful private beaches with crystal clear water, you have to visit this resort. I would not be able to understand any negative review about this resort!

We were looking for the Sandals experience in Antigua as this was our 3rd Sandals trip, but it made us lose faith in the name a little. But thinking back about Emerald Bay, we miss it so much! It was luxury at its finest and we just felt like royalty while we were there, I have to say, if you are looking for heaven, go to Sandals Emerald Bay. I would re-visit this resort in a heart beat for the same experience we had last year!

2  Thank Preeti S

Thank you for your review.
We are so pleased that you had such an amazing time at Sandals Emerald Bay! Our staff will be so happy to know that they made such a lasting impression and that you have so many wonderful memories of your time spent there! We will also be forwarding your review and suggestions to our team at Sandals Grande Antigua. We are committed to providing the same fantastic service and amazing Sandals experience at all of our lovely destinations.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I believe that everyone should do their due deligence and do some research before travelling!! I did my research, and I read reviews. After reading the reviews before our departure I was beginming to rethink our choice. With that being said, this is what we discovered when we were at SEB and judged for ourselves.

We did not have Butler rooms, we had a club level room (with Concierge service). I have to say that besides the breathtaking waters of Emerald Bay on Great Exuma...everyone, and I mean everyone on the property of Sandals Emerald Bay met and superceeded our expectations! Let me categorize for you in no particular order:

1) Michael, the Tennis instructor (free lessons every day...whether you are a beginner or pro). We have never played tennis before and truly enjoyed our Tennis lessons/.
2) The 29,000 sq.ft. Red Lane Spa. I used this spa almost daily...thanks to the staff at the Red Lane Spa. Thanks to Karen and her staff, especially Tamara!!! You got my husband to actually enjoy a couples massage and want to return for more!! I will certainly miss your expertise!!
3) The restaurants - French & Italian!! Really, at an all inclusive...they were fabulous! If fine dining is not your thing, no worries, the Bahamas Bay (more casual) serving (breakfast, lunch buffets...and a la carte dining in the evening). Thanks to Ruthlynn at the Bahamas restaurant. She surprised us one evening at dinner. Thanks Ruthlynn...you were fantastic!!! Dino's pizza for a light lunch or snack. The Druken Duck...a traditional English pub....great dinners a la carte as well. If you like dining al fresco to to the Barefoot restaurant. You are actually dining on the "beach" with sand under your feet. We mustn't forget the Cafe de Paris! Ah yes, the espresso...or cappuccino with pastries and ice cream service. So many choices, whether you wanted to dress up for dinner, or just enjoy a more casual dinner on your balcony or patio!! The food was very interesting and each day had a different theme...so you are not eating the same thing daily. Thanks to all the chefs, and service staff. Your smiles will have us coming back for more!!
4) The pools - the quiet pool was just perfect for us! In addition to the cabanas and lounge chairs it also had a bar...not swim up. Imagine sitting quietly reading a book or having a swim with your partner...hot sunny afternoon and along comes one of the staff with a tray of ice cream - or water melon on skewers to help you keep cool. This is SEB!!! We did enjoy the main pool a few times with the big bar, with swim up bar stools...and the lively music, and activities. Getting a cabana at any one of these pools was not an issue for us. We did not have butler service and yet we did not have difficulty finding cabanas, or lounge chairs, or beach chairs at any time.
5) The Gardeners - you wouldn't think that someone could write a review about the gardeners. Well, each and every gardener at SEB deserves to be applauded. They work daily under the scorching sun, so that we can enjoy the property and it's beauty. Always with a smile on their faces and always eager to have a little chat with you as you strolled by. Thanks to Sherado (don't know if I got the spelling). It was wonderful to meet Sherado and thanks again for our wonderful little conversations each day!! Especially the coconuts!!!!
6) We had the club level rooms in Bay 5 near the quiet pool and across from the Wedding Gazebo and the Cafe de Paris. These are very spacious and clean and were just perfect for us. The double vanities and the separate comode from the separate shower stall (spacious) and the tub. Lots of closet space with many hangers and a safe!! The beds were comfortable and luxurious!! Thanks to the housekeeping staff...especially for room 5201 and 5301!! We travelled with another couple. Enjoyed your creativity of the towel "art". Love the piglet and the doves!
7) The Piano Bar...I have to say thanks to our lively Pianist...(i'm sorry my mind is still on vacation...can't remember his name). He really involved everyone in the room. His piano playing was just incredible!!!!
8) The concierge staff - Carla and Stephen...what can we say!! THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU. We pretty much did our own thing during our vacation at SEB...we explored on our own...dined and wondered the grounds on our own, pretty much did our own thing, and yet somehow you got to know us...by name and remember us!! Thank you for making our check-in and check-out (which included the Air Canada check-in...right at the resort) a pleasure!! Most importantly, thank you for calling us (today)...the very next day to find out about our journey home. You brought the SEB sunshine and hospitality into our Toronto home ( winter day)...bringing a smile back onto our faces.
P.S.-We had such a wonderful experience, we booked a return visit with "Soon Come Back". Thanks for your patience Shaketa (?)...look forward to seeing everyone in 2014!!!!!

Room tip: Any room at this resort is spacious and comfortable! You decide how much pampering you'd like...so if Butler service is your thing...go for it! If not, not worries...they are all perfect!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank FraHar2013

Thank you so much for your review!
There is nothing better than hearing our guests say that they had the perfect vacation and that all their expectations were surpassed! We are delighted that you have so many fond memories of our staff and that they are able to still bring a smile to your face!
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next year! :)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I returned from 8 nights Emerald Bay a little over a week ago and have been missing it ever since! We have been to several other Sandals including Beaches Turks, and were a little nervous with some of the reviews. We had a wonderful trip to Antigua last year so we had high expectations. We were thrilled with everything! Our suite was huge! The view was amazing, we were in 7312. The food was great, we went to the French twice. The only thing missing was some nightlife! it was pretty quiet by 10. We started our days the same, found chairs by the pool, went for breakfast, took a quick walk and then rested the rest of the day! Lunch was either, barefoot, pizza, or Bahama Bay. We did some later in the day snacking at Drunked Duck.

We rented a jeep for the day and had so much fun! We drove all over, met some really nice people, had drinks at Santana's, met Dwight at the best beach bar, went to the tropic of cancer beach. The next day we took a ferry over to Stocking Island, it was beautiful. We had lunch at St. Francis.

We were very happy with our stay here!! We love Sandals, and we are bringing a huge group to the Grande Riviera next year!

1  Thank pamela a

Hello and thank you for your review, Pamela!
We are so pleased that you had an excellent stay at Sandals Emerald Bay! It's wonderful that you had such an amazing time exploring the resort and the gorgeous island of Exuma.
We are sure you will all have a fantastic time on your upcoming trip to Sandals Grand Riviera and we cannot wait to welcome you to Jamaica!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We spent our 32nd Aniversary at the Emerald Bay Resort. It is the best experience to spent time at the Sandals resorts..Everyone from the gardner to the management is super friendly.. They all want to make sure your experience is a good one.. The first night there we were invited to the Welcome Back dinner..it was a 4 course meal that was delicious. As a returning guest each couple received a bottle of rum. The food was excellent our entire stay. The views are amazing, nothing like the beautiful blue water. All the food and drinks are of the highest quality., I would highly recommend this resort. Before we left we booked our next trip.

3  Thank tbsparkles