We just returned from a week at Sandals Emerald Bay. We had a fantastic time. My husband and I do not like crowds and prefer to stay more to ourselves. This was an ideal time to go (mid-August) as there were no crowds, no lines, no waits anywhere! We made dinner reservations for the 4 nights we requested with no problem. There was never an issue obtaining a cabana at the quiet pool, or loungers with shade on the beach at any time of day. We didn't try the activity pool; not our cup of tea. There were so few other guests around, aside from a few couples here and there, that we were comfortable and very happy. The staff was wonderful, although housekeeping was a bit inconsistent with the upkeep of our room. But a phone call to the main desk usually took care of things. Things worth mentioning: Jason, at the bar in the Italian restaurant, is THE man. He makes absolutely the best martinis at the resort, and is a really nice guy. Also, Phillip is a great server there. The staff at the Drunken Duck were particularly accommodating and helpful. The highlight of the week for us was the entertainment. Tropical Breeze is their regular band and could be found almost every night playing somewhere. They are top-notch; each and every band member is an excellent musician, and we had a great time dancing almost every night with them. They featured different soloists (steel drum, trumpeter, vocalists) and their music is fabulous - not to be missed! All in all, we had a wonderful time, and plan to return. Oh, and we were happy not to have the butler service; it seemed like they were around their assigned couples too much for our liking. We liked doing our own thing at our own pace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Destinology, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Bahamas/Great Exuma