“Hope you are not in a hurry......”
Review of Exuma Yacht Club

Exuma Yacht Club
Ranked #37 of 48 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
“Hope you are not in a hurry......”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Beautiful location, right on the water overlooking the bobbing sailboats in the harbour. Took FOREVER to get a drink.....took even longer to get dinner....only one other table and it took an hour and a half to get our dinner. No one seemed to care (staff).....good thing we weren't starving.
The food was good when we got it. Fish was lovely and fresh. I can't imagine what it would be like if the place was packed. Oh well.....that's the Bahamas and I love it all.

• Visited April 2014

Horsham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Body Move , No Body Get Hurt!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Let me begin...... I LOVE THIS PLACE! What makes Exuma special is the genuinely relaxed attitude and the sincerity of the local people. In Exuma you can be accepted as a local in a week, where else does that happen?
I booked a three week dream holiday with my sun worshiping wife in June 2012 at Udensville on Tarbay, a perfect beach front hideaway we highly recommend. The same time as Euro 2012!!! (Stay with me fellas) I was on a mission to find a big screen!

EYC....... Great people, Great food, Great views and a Great Big Screen!
I can now honestly tell you that you haven't watched football in a bar until you've sat down with a rum punch on an elevated deck overlooking the purest turquoise waters this planet can offer!

This was my al fresco saloon bar for the tournament!

I was privileged enough to be there only a few months after the club had been purchased and before sympathetic renovations commenced. What's really important is that the owner Ed respects the islands true identity and is adamant to improve his establishment in keeping with traditional values. EYC is an original rustic Timber framed traditional property which has a sense of belonging with a modest commanding presence overlooking the marina. The staff are all genuinely friendly helpful and a fountain of local knowledge, if you want next minute service you'll be disappointed, that is not a criticism just a realisation that a slower pace of service is found everywhere in Exuma, Just remind yourself you're on holiday.....relax, enjoy and soak up the moment or as the locals put it....chillax.
EYC has a website however the photos will never do any justice to this amazing jewel in the Caribbean. This place is amazing........ Visit it and see if I'm right!
Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mike W
Toronto, Canada
“Bar action good, resto so so”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Owned by former Formula 1 raced Eddie Irvine, who has a private island nearby, this newish restaurant is packed for Friday night dinner. Menu is strangely Italian. Ravioli only OK, not great. Plenty of seafood options. The weekend action is at the outdoor bar, where the music is very loud and locals and guests dance until late. Great second floor view over the harbour.

• Visited December 2012
Georgetown exuma
“Good food and great view”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Interesting new restaurant trying to up the bar in Georgetown.....the furnishings are lovely; but assume the decorating is not yet finished. Staff seemed surprised when I arrived with my guests, even though we had a reservation. The waitress was very shy & seemed quite new. Dinner was delicious, Although served in a very offhand way......no dessert & we weren't asked if we wanted coffee or anything else.....altogether, it was just another disappointing dinner experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dbiggs278
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting!”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

this yacht club has a beautiful setting but unfortunatley you cannot always rely on the staff being efficient - we were lucky in the restaurant after receiving our meal after 30min wait while another couple had to go into the kitchen to enquire re their meal after waiting an hour!! Food was good and if your lucky to get the two female cousins working there you know you will have great service and chat!!

Visited December 2012