“Excellent lobster salad and beach”
Review of La Shante - CLOSED

La Shante
Cuisines: American, Bahamian
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I stop here every time I visit because the hospitality is great. In reference to the prices someone else commented on I'd recommend you always ask in advance how much meals cost. You can even tell him how much you want to pay and let him prepare based in it. His lobster salad is amazing the the breaded fish was as well. The best way to order is to let him recommend based on what he has. This is not the type of place who keeps all times in stock. There is a beautiful bay to swim while you wait for your food. He may even have snorkel gear for you to borrow.

If you are looking for a beautiful place to stay and don't mind being around from Georgetown then this would be a great place.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This out of the way , remote restaurant is a real find and a must for anyone wanting a great experience. Dwight, the owner, is a true gentleman and a great chef!!!

1  Thank jmwzawza
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and enjoyed our visit to La Shante. Dwight is very personable and friendly and the Pina Colada he made for us were one of the best drinks we had on the island. Dwight showed us around the place (and the hotel rooms he has) which were very clean and well built (he built them all). I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there other than it’s a bit off the beaten path (on the Williams Town end of Exuma). But for a lunch or dinner the view at the grounds were great! I would also make the suggestion to have a menu with prices (at least a chalk board or something), but we did not feel at all that Dwight took advantage of us at all. He was a very nice.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The first time we went to this restaurant we were totally in awe of the setting and the food so much so that we went back the next day. However, our experience was marred by the owner asking us to move to another table just as our food was being served in order to accommodate two couples who had just arrived in the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The experience was the definition of perfection. It doesn't need to be a fancy restaurant to be pleased. In fact, is a veryyy simple restaurant, laid back. The waiter is also the chef and the owner and the person who cleans... He does everything!

Why was it so good? For start, the restaurant is above a stunning private beach. The view is incredible. My husband and I were the only guest at the moment. The food was incredibly good, so fresh and well seasoned. It was one of those moments that you just don't want to forget and it's even hard to explain why it was so good.