By far this was the most stunning beach/ocean that I have ever been to. Exuma is remote- very remote so don't expect any kind of nightlife. The rooms were stunning, absolutely pristine in decor and comfort. Honestly, the place was pure quality in cabinetry, furniture and everything else. I think I could have lived there forever.
The golf cart was very cute but since the grocery store across the street was closed, it was kind of pointless. Very, very expensive to go to the other grocery store by taxi. You might want to consider bringing some staples: dried beans, rice, spices etc.
The beach was amazing, clear and fun to snorkle near the shore. My sons are 9 and 11, they had a ball! We rented a car and went to the Tropic of Cancer beach. Best beach ever and not a single person was there. It's so strange but no one was ever on any of the beaches. We took a snorkeling tour, the sand bars were amazing.
This is the place to go if you want to spend quality family time. That's exactly what I was looking for but my husband was missing the "touristy" markets and activities as it was so quiet. I encourage you to look up Exuma's history, it's fascinating.
Hotel restaurant was limited but very tasty, nowhere else to go though unless you head by expensive taxi to "town".
I'd definitely go there again, so beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Bahamas/Great Exuma