Wonderful, beautiful, fantastic and luxurious place! Grand Isle is a beautiful property perched in a perfect position above the beach at Emerald Bay. The property consists of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units that are great for families, singles or couples. Due to the positioning of the resort, most of them appear to have ocean views. There's a beautiful pool that looks out over the beach which is just a few steps down some stairs from the pool area. At the pool, you can sign out beach equipment like body boards, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, beach toys for kids, etc. At the beach, there are chairs, umbrellas and palapas. While there aren't a ton of them, there was no moment when we were there (June) when all of them were occupied and there's certainly no race to 'claim' them. The beach has white, powdery sand and beautiful clear water (clear when in it, Caribbean electric blue when observing it). The beach has only two resorts on it, this one and a Sandals - it's a big beach so it still doesn't feel too developed.
The rooms are spacious and beautiful with high quality construction, design and decor. I was traveling with my mother and we shared a one bedroom unit (with me on the pull out sofa, which was fine) and there was plenty of space. There were also two separate entrances to the enormous bathroom (one from the bedroom and one from the living area), which was nice. We never felt cramped at all. The kitchen is large and well-equipped with everything you need though we never cooked. There was also a medium sized balcony with table and chairs. Everything in the room was fantastic and each room comes with its own golf cart that you can drive around the resort and even to the liquor store just outside of the gates (but not as far as Big D's).
There is one restaurant next to the pool that had very good food and enough variety that I didn't get bored in four days/nights even though we took most of our meals there (we had one lunch at Chat'n'Chill on Stocking Island which was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it!). I read some complaints about variety and even quality of tomatoes but that's going to be the case on any slightly remote island where everything is brought in by boat (which means limited and more expensive than home, wherever that is for you). I found the restaurant neither cheap nor expensive for a hotel and same for the bar. I really enjoyed eating at the restaurant each night because it was very peaceful overlooking the pool and beach. The restaurant staff were also wonderful and attentive.
We rented a car for one day only to go to town and Stocking Island (taxis are very expensive) and it was worth it. Unless you want to drive around to different beaches, you don't need a car every day because there's not much else to do . 'Town' is very small and there's not all that much of interest there. Frankly, the beach at the hotel is so nice that we didn't see a reason to drive all over during a trip of only 4 nights.
Don't hesitate to book this place! It's gorgeous! And do visit the spa - I had a great massage there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, seekda GmbH, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Bahamas/Great Exuma