My husband and 12 y.o. daughter have just returned from a trip to Exuma at Grand Isle. Here’s why this is the place to visit:
1) Great Exuma, the island:
Quiet, small, unspoiled, virtually no mark of tourist noise. Been to Mexico, Jamiaca, Aruba, this is by far a better, friendlier, higher quality, safer island. I feel even safer in Great Exuma than at home, this island is to be explored, you must rent a car. Beaches are out of this world, best snorkelling I’ve ever experienced. Restaurants are everything from open air style brightly painted huts to chef owned and operated dining; food is out of this world. (Frankie’s Bakery ‘Guava Duff’, is insane!) I could go on but you need to discover it for yourself. No casinos, amusements, discos that I was aware of = quiet and laid back. Partiers go elsewhere. Boating tours up the Cays, highly worthwhile to see Thunderball Grotto, swim with sharks, pigs, feed iguanas, sting rays. Inexplicable beauty. The people are the warmest I’ve ever experienced travelling.
2) Grand Isle, the Villas:
Is the perfect blend of polish and service. Excellent restaurant Pallapa Grill, beautifully prepared meals. Quiet eternity pool, very clean beach, lots of pool and beach equipment. Amazing snorkelling along the Marina beach, I think the best on the island. Our room was high quality; very fresh, modern facilities, beautiful linens, well appointed kitchen, laundry, bathrooms, etc, the resort is very new. You feel completely relaxed returning from a day of island adventuring to your room knowing everything is looked after, you are received at the front gate with a very warm welcome, concierge services are excellent, gardens are stunning. Staff are polished and highly servicable but low-key which I prefer. Golf cart a nice touch.
What I particularly loved about Grand Isle is that it has high touch ammenities and services but is without the conveyor-belt attractions you get at an all-inclusive. In fact, you cannot stay at an all-inclusive as you would completely miss out on the charm and exceptional character which is unique to this particular island, especially the food and people. It’s a very easy going island, easy to get around.
If you wish for a relaxing, high quality villa amidst a friendly, exotic island of amazing food and breathtaking beaches – this is perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Bahamas/Great Exuma