..we weren't asking for much...just:
...five star 'lifestyles of the rich and famous' accomodations
...a short flight
...aquamarine jewel-like waters
...all this, but relatively quiet so that we could really relax.
Not too crazy a wish-list, right?
We got SO MUCH MORE.
A lifetime of memories that bonded our family in a way that money can't buy. Private boats, swimming with the pigs and stingrays, private beaches, kayaking with sharks, shell searching, romping around with the endangered iguanas, being treated like celebrities at the most incredible Grand Isle Resort & Spa with the kindest and most outstanding people in a paradise-come-true setting...with a direct flight from Toronto.
Rooms are expansive (smallest villa is 1250sq) and done to the most discerning standards. The kitchen in our villa was equipped with every appliance you could need for your trip. We prepared most of our meals at home--when we did eat at the restaurant it was a lovely experience, great food, great view, great service.
There is a liquor store that you can get to via golf cart should you desire to.
Tracey Bowes Convenience store is on the way from the airport to the resort, has limited fresh fruit and veg but lots of canned goods, some frozen, and your basic pantry needs.
Grounds are immaculate, as are the views and public spaces
Some of the nicest people we've ever met work at this resort, and special requests (dietary, gluten free,vegetarian, etc) were handled well.
You also get a golf cart with every villa to use on the grounds, our kids just loved that feature!
We can say as a family that we have found our FOREVER vacation spot. It truly is paradise on earth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Bahamas/Great Exuma