Villa 1524 was my home base for four nights from 2/5 - 2/9. It was perfectly appointed, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The bedroom had more than enough closet space (his and hers), the bathroom was huge (washer/dryer included), and the kitchen had everything one could possibly need (dishwasher, plates, cooking utensils). Each villa comes with a golf cart to get you around but I never used it. The walk to the beach was quick as the access through the pool area was right around the corner. The pool area is very peaceful with a heated infinity pool that juts up to the restaurant which has amazing food. Breakfast was perfectly made ($12) and the dinner was amazing (abut $50 with 2 glasses of wine). The staff is friendly and accommodating and they are there as much or as little as you need them. If you're looking for Spring Break, go to Sandals. If you're looking for a refined, restful, gorgeous place then choose Grand Isle. On a side note: the grocery store on the way has limited food but I picked up snacks and drinks (and also brought some of my own) that kept me from calling room service everyday. Cab fare can add up but a rental car is only about $70 a day and is needing to explore the island. The seclusion you find at Emerald Bay is worth the drive but keep in mind the airport is about a 20 minute drive, 30 to Georgetown, and about an hour to Little Exuma (a must see!). I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Bahamas/Great Exuma