I'm one of those people torn between wanting to rave about the St. Francis, and wishing it stayed a secret. First off, good thing you see written here is true, but there's more. The Island itself is wonderful and you can go for hours and only see a few people. We loved the St. Francis and can't say enough good things about George, Jill and Greg. One of the things that seems to get little mention are the paths which have been created and maintained all over the island. My girlfriend and I spent half our days hiking through the brush and small cliffs following the map you get with your room. Nothing too tough, but fun and challenging. We stumbled onto Hamburger Beach and had no money, and Alvin gave us beers on the house, which we went back and paid for later in the week. I also agree that renting a boat from Mins is a must for a day. We did the Staniel Cay tour with Starfish and Neville and Lindsey were great.
Overall, as beautiful as the island was, the best part was the people. Everyone is friendly, and the St Francis felt familiar and comfortable. We are sure to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Francis Resort is located in a pristine location on Stocking Island. Enjoy miles of whitesand beaches, diving and watersports, sailing, dining, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your St Francis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Francis Hotel Great Exuma
- St Francis Resort Bahamas/Great Exuma