“To Find great Shells and Sand dollars”
Review of Great Exuma

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Houston, Texas
12 helpful votes
“To Find great Shells and Sand dollars”
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I wanted to let people know if you rent a boat at Minns in
George Town- and go out at low tide, you find the best shells and sand dollars and see star fish. It is so great walking on the sand bars. Let me know if you have any questions or if you have done this before. It is truely amazing. Walking on the beach at Tar Bay is pretty too-not much shells, only little ones.

7 Thank Exumabound
Sweden
3 helpful votes
“Vaciation on Great Exuma”
Reviewed 22 July 2004

I have just come home from a wonderful vacation on the Exuma Island. Been there for a hole month. I´ve been meeting alot of wonderful local peoples. Our landlord Levi Rolle is a wonderful person. His doing everything to make our month delightfull.
We have been to the new resort Emeral Bay good food, drinks and verygood music. The beches are white and the water is very blue. Cant find any better in the whole world.

Love Leana

2 Thank Annalena
A TripAdvisor Member
“Turquois”
Reviewed 23 August 2003

I've traveled to many islands, many of the Southern States, the Keyes, they were all great but now every year I go back to Exuma, BAHAMAS-nothing can compare to their white deserted beaches, and all the colours of blue--turquois!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“disappointed”
Reviewed 19 June 2003

I went there as a side trip from Nassau.I purchased two lots quite a
few years ago(41) from the Magnuson Corp.The 'land' is all coral, not a
blade of grass anywhere.The whole place is covered by
'bushes'(scrub).They simply bulldozed through this ,to arrive at a very
large (Thousands)group of basically useless lots.and the whole place
looks pathetic.Give it another 30 years and perhaps anyone who bought
this disaster may get their money back.
Georgetown,is cute.It would take you one and a half minutes to pass through it going downhill at 15 miles per hour.
The new upscale Emerald club ,I assume,is very nice.I never went there as a game of golf costs around $145.00.I was assured that this also included a cart.I am not one of the rich and famous,so I passed on this one.
Conclusion: I love Florida,and so should you.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vienna, Virginia
23 helpful votes
“Nothing to do and everything to do.”
Reviewed 1 May 2003

The whole family had a great time in George Town. Grandma loved the beach, straw market and the views. My wife and I enjoyed the local culture and the advenutre sports- Hobie sailing, sea kayaking and snorkelling. The boys enjoyed Volleyball Beach and the Hike to the monument. We can't wait to come back.

4 Thank Olive321

Been to Great Exuma? Share your experiences!