First of all I have to say that it's my third time to this Club Med and that again I had a blast, back in the days I use to love this place as there was no Internet or Cell phone signal, it was the best way to disconnect. I now choose to shut down the cell phone and not use the Internet even if the resort now has access to wireless.
The place is simply amazing, the location, the beach everything is just perfect...even if the resort has aged over the years (note that they will renovate this resort in August) everything you need is there to have a good time.
The rooms are simple but clean (anyway we spend most of our times outside) the food is simply amazing, great buffet and the A La Carte restaurant is also a great experience, you could eat at the buffet all week and still be very satisfied with the menu.
I've been to this Club, with my parents, they loved it...went alone to relax and still manage to have a good time. Friendly staff will make your stay great.
I like the mix of Canadians, French and Americans on the resort...you meet great people over there!
If you have a chance go outside the Club and visit the island and the people, you'll find great people that will show you the little piece of paradise where they live.
Go see Géraldine at the Excursion desk right next to the pool, she will recommend you some of the great things to do...she's knows the island very well and the locals...it's always a must to discover the life outside of the resort...Géraldine knows the island and will be able to recommend something you will enjoy for sure!
Personally I strongly recommend the High Cay Excursion, great time including a meal of seafood on the beach on a private island...it's a full day thing and totally worth it.
Another thing you can buy is an hour or more of a jet ski rental, riding in these cristal clear water and visit the Iguana Island was super fun or you can experience your first gospel mass...no matter what you decide you'll have a great time.
Speak with locals, ask them about the island, they love it so much and will tell you everything about it...I Made great friends on the island over the years, there are just great.
I will definitely go back and hope you'll appreciate as much as I did everytime I went.
Please note that I like to travel worldwide and not especially in Club Med's or all inclusive resorts but there's a little something about this resort that makes me want to come back once in a while.
It's all about the view and location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the refinement of the Bahamas during your stay at Columbus Isle. The heavenly all-inclusive resort of Columbus Isle is a paradise for diving and honeymoon vacations. Travel to Club Med Columbus Isle as a couple and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this secluded resort on the Caribbean Sea. Indulge in a massage* by the ocean or relax by the pristine beach. As one of the top 5 wall diving destinations in the Caribbean, this luxurious hideaway is also the best luxury resort for couples. This environmentally-friendly resort also offers a wide range of activities and sports for adults. No matter what your travel expectations are, you'll find the amenities at Columbus Isle to be more refined than anywhere else: premium oceanfront accommodations, oceanfront massage* palapas, and scuba diving* in one of the best diving spot worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Columbus Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Columbus Isle Hotel San Salvador
- Club Med San Salvador
- San Salvador Club Med
- Columbus Isle Club Med
- Club Med Columbus Isle Bahamas/San Salvador