We have been going to Club Med for 25 years, and whenever we ask the G.O's & G.M's where to go snorkeling next, they all say Coulmbus Isle. Now we know why! The crystal clear water of the carribbean is hard to beat in regards all the varities of sea life you will encounter. The reefs are in great shape, the abundance of sea fans of all colors, astounding. We have never seen bigger Parrotfish than here in the Bahamas, and we have snorkeled Club Med all over the world.
The snorkel/dive boat leaves twice a day, once at 10:30 & again at 3:00. They always take you to a different site, Coral Gardens was my favorite, and I knew that when we went to Jacksons Paradise, we were going to work for the spotted rays, but the currant was not out of control. Because of the focus of the trtip was snorkeling , we stayed down towards the dive center in room 415. If you can, spend the extra to be on the second floor, the views are really great and it's a bit more quiet than if you were at the other end of the resort. I did walk one day to the other side and the views are awesome, and again if your focus was tennis/windsurfing you might want to be down at that end.
So many of the reviews before we left talked about the condition of the resort, and that is was in need of a refresh. We found this not to be the case. Our room could have not been more beautiful, everything was spotless due to the diligence of Nathalee & Diane who came and gave us fresh towels in the evenig and bid us a good night. While we did not go on many of the excursions, we did go on the one to Hay Cay. A brilliant day, and can not recomend enough. Make sure to book a reservation at the specialty restaurant, very romantic out on the balcony
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the refinement of the Bahamas during your stay at Columbus Isle. The heavenly all-inclusive resort of Columbus Isle is a paradise for diving and honeymoon vacations. Travel to Club Med Columbus Isle as a couple and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this secluded resort on the Caribbean Sea. Indulge in a massage* by the ocean or relax by the pristine beach. As one of the top 5 wall diving destinations in the Caribbean, this luxurious hideaway is also the best luxury resort for couples. This environmentally-friendly resort also offers a wide range of activities and sports for adults. No matter what your travel expectations are, you'll find the amenities at Columbus Isle to be more refined than anywhere else: premium oceanfront accommodations, oceanfront massage* palapas, and scuba diving* in one of the best diving spot worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Columbus Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Columbus Isle Hotel San Salvador
- Club Med San Salvador
- San Salvador Club Med
- Columbus Isle Club Med
- Club Med Columbus Isle Bahamas/San Salvador