I stayed here with my partner for one night as it was near to a conference I was attending. We were plesantly surprised when we pulled up.
The hotel is a pretty building on the river and has fantastic views and inside it is very quaint and I loved the feel of the place.
We arrived at 12 and couldnt check in till 4 (!!) so we went to the Celtic manor resort and used the spa facilities which is all included and that was lovely.
When we got in our room (number 4) it was again lovely decor and had a big bath and walk in shower and we were rally pleased with it.
We were not pleased with the woman above insisting on walking round in her heels on wood floors, I know this sint the hotels fault but maybe a thought for the people underneath when having floorboards?
We ate at the hotel and the food was fantastic as was breakfast the next day and the service was great.
Some minor annoyances such as the bed being old and lumpy with a dip in the middle and the springs being noisy and the late check in and the noise made it less than perfect but it was still a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newbridge sits in an enviable and idyllic location on the bank of the river Usk. Just ten minutes drive from the historic town of Caerleon, famous for sites such as the amphitheatre and barracks, Romany Legionary Museum and Fortress Baths. Renowned for its award winning menu and extensive list of fine wines, and with the addition of 6 beautifully appointed bedrooms makes The Newbridge the perfect setting for lunch, dinner or an overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Newbridge on Usk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Newbridge On Usk Hotel Tredunnock
- The Newbridge On Usk Tredunnock, Wales