We stayed at the Newbridge-On-Usk last night and we're so glad that we did. The room was spotlessly clean with the most amazing bath and shower. We were greeted and shown to our room on arrival by a very helpful member of staff. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the members of staff and we were made to feel so welcome. We had only booked bed and breakfast and had considered maybe going for a drive to find somewhere else to dine in the evening, as I had read a few reviews about the food being very pretentious and over priced but eventually we decided to try the food at The Newbridge On Usk and we're so glad that we did. We both had the mussels for starter, which were absolutely delicious and the portions were so generous, so much so that much to my disappointment, I was unable to have a dessert because I was so full after my starter and main course. Breakfast this morning was equally fantastic, at a lovely window table overlooking the River Usk - can totally recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs!! We really had such a lovely night and will definitely be returning very, very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newbridge sits in an enviable and idyllic location on the bank of the river Usk. Just ten minutes drive from the historic town of Caerleon, famous for sites such as the amphitheatre and barracks, Romany Legionary Museum and Fortress Baths. Renowned for its award winning menu and extensive list of fine wines, and with the addition of 6 beautifully appointed bedrooms makes The Newbridge the perfect setting for lunch, dinner or an overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Newbridge on Usk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Newbridge On Usk Hotel Tredunnock
- The Newbridge On Usk Tredunnock, Wales