We stayed here the day after our wedding as we had a couple of days overlap before our flight from Bristol. The staff were amazing, they couldn't do enough for us and they were always very welcoming and helpful (particularly the women that does breakfast). We ate their both evenings, the restaurant was very busy but we had booked, and it was interesting how they give you the menus and your drinks in the waiting area first to look at, even though your table is ready, which we quite liked. Food was expensive but amazing, about £80 each night for 2 courses and wine for the two of us, on the second day we had an early dinner of the Celebration of Welsh Lamb Platter and it really was something else. We then got the free shuttle bus to the Celtic manor which we asked the waiter to book for us, and used the pool facilities which were lovely also.
Only one negative, was room 6 was very hot! It was mid July this year, and we had the fan on all night (and all day) but it was still too hot which made it difficult to sleep. We opened the door to the balcony one night but the room faces the restaurant and carpark so anybody could see in with the door open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newbridge sits in an enviable and idyllic location on the bank of the river Usk. Just ten minutes drive from the historic town of Caerleon, famous for sites such as the amphitheatre and barracks, Romany Legionary Museum and Fortress Baths. Renowned for its award winning menu and extensive list of fine wines, and with the addition of 6 beautifully appointed bedrooms makes The Newbridge the perfect setting for lunch, dinner or an overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Newbridge on Usk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Newbridge On Usk Hotel Tredunnock
- The Newbridge On Usk Tredunnock, Wales