“Bed and Breakfast”
Review of The Old Ferry Inn

The Old Ferry Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Beachley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed in an ensuite double room, which we found to be very clean and stylish. The bathroom was nice and the bedroom was nice. The breakfast was good for a b and b. We also ate dinner there and found the dinner to be wonderful. The home made food is lovely. We stayed for 2 nights and would go back again. The price we paid was fair and the staff were polite.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I had visited this pub several times previously, and always enjoyed both the food and the service. I telephoned to reserve a table for my father and myself, for 1pm on a Saturday. We duly arrived at about1 minute past one. We were told which table had been reserved for us. As we were getting drinks from the bar, a group of 8 people arrived, and were shown to a table. We sat at our table, and waited and watched whilst the landlord attended to the table of 8, and then at least 3 other tables. There were only about 20 people in total in the reatuarant, and therfore not that busy. I had to get our own menus. 30 minutes after we sat down at our table, our food order was taken. 30 minutes later, at 2pm, our starters arrived. In my opinion, this level of service is unacceptable. Whilst the quality of the food is still very good, I will not be visiting this establishment again, due to the appalling service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Magicwelshwizard
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We are regular diners at the Old Ferry Inn, and have never been disappointed with the food, or the service. Michelin starred dining it is not, but if you want an honest meal in delightful surroundings with a beautiful view, you can't go wrong. I especially recommend any fish dishes from the daily specials board - the last time I was there, the sea bass was stupendous. The Inn has an olde worlde charm: a friendly homely feel despite the large size of the dining area. Try & book a table by the windows.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Lovely pub,with excellent views of the River Severn.Arrived at 5pm after a wedding(Saturday).the bar was empty.The bar prices are very expensive nearly £5 for a glass of wine and a pint £3+.Booked into the room with en-suite no shower but had a bath, no shower.The basin was in the bedroom.We didnt eat at dinner,but had breakfast again disappointing full english only small portions and no fruit juice.Could be so much better oh and finally I thought it was quite expensive for what you got.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pegasus1958
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Arrived for lunch on a Friday lunchtime,ordered drinks and sat down to read the menu.The menu was very limited with only a small selection of main meals which seemed to be very expensive for an establishment of this kind. My partner and I ordered a chicken and bacon salad bowl each which stated "served with garlic bread". Our food arrived and looked fairly decent but on tucking in to the salad it proved to be very disappointing. It was mainly a bowl of lettuce leaves with half a tomato and some bits of chicken and bacon on top and no honey & mustard dressing as stated. I had to go to the bar to ask for the garlic bread and the landlord apologized and said that the chef was new and that he would get us the bread. When we had nearly finished our salads the landlord came over to us with a tiny saucer with 2 small bits of burnt garlic bread.I thought he was taking the mick but no that was it. The bill for 2 salad bowls was £21 which I feel was way too expensive for a poor salad bowl. Very disappointed as I am a local resident, but I can assure you I will not be returning to the Ferry inn again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chris j
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Went to The Old Ferry for a last minute Sunday lunch yesterday, arrived at about 3pm and the restaurant was quite empty.
The roast beef was lovely, melt in the mouth and accompanying potatoes and veg were very nice and plenty of them. There was also chicken & pork available as well as a few other non roast options which was a good idea.
I did think the starters were overpriced at £5.20 for a single disc of deep fried camembert but the desserts were reasonable at £4.60 each, good portion sizes too.
All in all a nice Sunday lunch and excellent views accross the river Severn. One minor issue, the card machine wasn't working so we had to go out and get cash to pay for our meal.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Abby1986
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I had our first experience of this pub / restaurant for about 30 years. Little has changed The views remain stunning especially on sunny days when you can eat outside. The menu covers a good range of food and is well cooked. The service is quick and cheerful. All in all a very enjoyable experience. It's a surprisingly long drive via Chepstow to arrive back to the shadow of the Severn Bridge but well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Been to The Old Ferry Inn? Share your experiences!