“Simply perfect”

Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Neath
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away inside Neath���s four-star boutique hotel The Blue Bell, La Mancha is a Mediterranean restaurant that rates highly on the local dining scene. Dressed up in sexy natural materials such as leather, stone and wood, the restaurant has an earthy ambience and celebrities including Charlotte Church and Gavin Henson have been known to dine here. With the occasional live jazz night and its moreish menu, La Mancha is a romantic place for two ��� but it is also suitable for business breakfasts and lunch dates. The emphasis in the kitchen is on using fresh Welsh produce, and the staff here are passionate about creating a fun, unstuffy vibe.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been visiting this hotel and restaurant few times now. It gets better on every visit. Love the new menu launched. Nice mix of tapas and fine dining options. The food and service is exceptional on every visit. Nothing is much of hassle and the staff are super friendly. Best place to eat in Neath by far.worth a visit if anyone looking for a perfect joint to dine. And the gins are the best.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Second visit with our friends. We came to try the new menu and it's wonderful. We shared all the tapas dishes and had the sea bass for main. It's tasted gorgeous and fresh full of flavours. They have also started cocktail and gin offers which are value for money. Overall great experience. Would highly recommend this place. Will be visiting soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Heard a lot about this place, but unfortunately disappointed with the whole dining experience. Although the food arrived reasonably quickly we received in intermittently.
The veg which arrived ten minutes after the main course was a little cold. Dessert was very tasty, but over priced. The free Father's day drink was alcoholic, not for me, I was not offered a free alternative. Won't rush back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on Saturday 9th June with friends, as we’ve done previously. The lack of diners should have been a clue, the staff were attentive if a little bit lacking on what was contained in the menu choices. My wife and our friends chose chicken wrapped in chorizo, I chose a 16oz rump steak and asked for it medium rare. When it arrived the steak was charred/blackened and was definitely not medium rare, I should have sent it back but after waiting a while was ravenous and decided to eat the steak, I really wish I hadn’t as it was burnt. At no time were we asked how our food was, and not long after finishing food the staff were laying tables for Sunday’s breakfast while were still enjoying our drinks at the table.
All in all DISAPPOINTING.

1  Thank Chaz F
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Took my daughter for dinner. Used a Wave voucher.
Ordered two fillets. Both fillets were cooked as ordered but mine wasn’t even luke warm. I understand steaks need to rest and I’m not sure if they weren’t room temperature prior to cooking or both were put on at same time and mine ‘rested’ longer...but my steak arrived less than luke warm. Nice quality steak though.
The fries were dreadful. No other way to describe them. When fries are described as triple cooked, I look forward to eating them. Our waiter took back first batch when asking if everything was okay.
Second time our waiter came to check if meal was good, I saw no point in requesting a third portion of fries. Triple cooked fries should be a given for any chef. Blumenthal would be horrified...they bore no resemblance and were inedible.
Looking back, I should have requested a salad... To end on a good note, our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. He took care of us and nothing seemed too much trouble. Good service, very professional and I appreciate that. Unfortunately, couldn’t put tip on card, so waiter ended up just short of 10% of full bill as that was all I had in my purse at time. He deserved the full 15%.

2  Thank Jackip123