The Ambassador Hotel
US$87
The BlueBell Hotel(Neath)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$74
HIExpress.com
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Towers Hotel & Spa(Jersey Marine)
US$147
US$94
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel(Port Talbot)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Priceline
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have never been to Neath before and during December 2012, we stayed in The Ambassador Hotel for 3 nights.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for making us feel very welcome. The food was absolutely lovely and was lucky enough to have what is known as the best Sunday lunch in the country. Well... it definitely lived up to it! The rooms were very nice and we all got a fantastic night sleep every night.

We would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Rather tired looking; reception areas ok, bedrooms need attention. Our room was warm, clean but beds hard.
Food adequate, but disappointing. Well served and presented but lacking in flavour.Tasted if meats and sweets purchased pre cooked and re heated in kitchens. Vegs better. Breakfast extremely good, well cooked.Staff pleasant and obliging.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Several weeks ago, I reserved a table at the Ambassador "Silver Service" Restaurant for 9 people + extra room for a small baby, for our Mother's Day family get-together. When we arrived on Sunday, I was very upset to be told that I'd only booked for 4 people and there was no way they could accommodate us!!!!!!! The staff were polite but when I asked to speak to the manager, expecting him to sort something out, he was rude and obnoxious and treated us as if it was our fault!!
We were eventually offered a table at the Carvery in the adjoining President's Bar Restaurant but were told we would have only 50 minutes to eat and get out to make room for other customers. This was finally sorted and we were told that we had as much time as we needed.
The food was superb, as it has been for many years, and the staff were very courteous and helpful, but the whole experience was too upsetting for us to fully enjoy our meal.
This was not our first bad experience with disorganisation at this restaurant. I remember my late father, several years ago, comparing our experience to Fawlty Towers!! What a shame for the chef and kitchen staff who provide one of the best Sunday lunches in the country!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suephils
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had a Sunday diner here this weekend it was the carvery I must say that the beef was in the mouth the rest of the buffet was delicious and plenty of it the only thing I could find fault with was that the, I think cabbage, was a pile of concealed green stuff in a small bowl so not very appetizing otherwise I would give them a 5 star.

By the way it's my 3rd visit and I have had the same opinion each time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Booked three rooms here as we were performing in Neath, so looking for somewhere basic but quiet before an early start. The state of this hotel was absolutely horrendous - the first double room one of our party was offered had a window which wouldn't shut, and when the manager was asked by the receptionist to sort it out, he was extremely rude and unhelpful. The single rooms smelled of cigarettes and the bed linen was dirty. The bar across the road also played thumping music until the early hours. Would not return if you payed us- The Bluebell a few doors down is highly superior!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business