“What a dive don't go !!!!!”

The Ambassador Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neath
The Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Neath
Chester, United Kingdom
“What a dive don't go !!!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel dated!!bedrooms dirty and old! No mattress protesters on beds and stained!toilets stank of wee and pubic hair on floors! Breakfast ok , but tasteless and toast like boards and hard ! hash browns unedible!seats in bedroom all stained!!! The lift is the most dangerous lift I have ever been in,a so small!!the car park at the back is small and to look at the hotel from the back looks like the Bronx!!! No wonder everyone there had gone through groupon or wowcher!!!we had paid for a few days but stayed one!!!!good thing was the staff were friendly and the singer good!!couldnt wait to get out of there!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Farrah E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I travelled to this hotel on a recommendation from a friend, and i found the whole experience very good.The hotel itself was very well kept and clean, with a nice atmosphere and excellent decor. The room i stayed in was very well equipped, and the bed itself was incredibly comfortable. The staff were amazing; they were warm and friendly and essentially made me feel like part of the family. If that wasn't enough, the Sunday Dinner was easily one of the best i have had, which i consider quite a feat. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to Neath. Quite simply a must stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have never been to Neath before and during December 2012, we stayed in The Ambassador Hotel for 3 nights.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for making us feel very welcome. The food was absolutely lovely and was lucky enough to have what is known as the best Sunday lunch in the country. Well... it definitely lived up to it! The rooms were very nice and we all got a fantastic night sleep every night.

We would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Rather tired looking; reception areas ok, bedrooms need attention. Our room was warm, clean but beds hard.
Food adequate, but disappointing. Well served and presented but lacking in flavour.Tasted if meats and sweets purchased pre cooked and re heated in kitchens. Vegs better. Breakfast extremely good, well cooked.Staff pleasant and obliging.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret M
Wales, UK
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Several weeks ago, I reserved a table at the Ambassador "Silver Service" Restaurant for 9 people + extra room for a small baby, for our Mother's Day family get-together. When we arrived on Sunday, I was very upset to be told that I'd only booked for 4 people and there was no way they could accommodate us!!!!!!! The staff were polite but when I asked to speak to the manager, expecting him to sort something out, he was rude and obnoxious and treated us as if it was our fault!!
We were eventually offered a table at the Carvery in the adjoining President's Bar Restaurant but were told we would have only 50 minutes to eat and get out to make room for other customers. This was finally sorted and we were told that we had as much time as we needed.
The food was superb, as it has been for many years, and the staff were very courteous and helpful, but the whole experience was too upsetting for us to fully enjoy our meal.
This was not our first bad experience with disorganisation at this restaurant. I remember my late father, several years ago, comparing our experience to Fawlty Towers!! What a shame for the chef and kitchen staff who provide one of the best Sunday lunches in the country!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank suephils

Travellers are raving about these Neath hotels

Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had a Sunday diner here this weekend it was the carvery I must say that the beef was in the mouth the rest of the buffet was delicious and plenty of it the only thing I could find fault with was that the, I think cabbage, was a pile of concealed green stuff in a small bowl so not very appetizing otherwise I would give them a 5 star.

By the way it's my 3rd visit and I have had the same opinion each time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Wales
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Booked three rooms here as we were performing in Neath, so looking for somewhere basic but quiet before an early start. The state of this hotel was absolutely horrendous - the first double room one of our party was offered had a window which wouldn't shut, and when the manager was asked by the receptionist to sort it out, he was extremely rude and unhelpful. The single rooms smelled of cigarettes and the bed linen was dirty. The bar across the road also played thumping music until the early hours. Would not return if you payed us- The Bluebell a few doors down is highly superior!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sian_Davies88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neath
The BlueBell Hotel
Blanco's Hotel & Restaurant
Blanco's Hotel & Restaurant
#3 of 3 in Port Talbot
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Been to The Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!