“Hotel from hell”

The Ambassador Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neath
The Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Neath
Reviewed 4 July 2014

DON'T EVER EVER STAY HERE!!
Locked fire escapes
Piss all over the toilet mat and piss stains
A "deposit" in the toilet upon arrival
Drinks served in a can from the "bar"
En-suite is just a shower in the corner of the room
Bedding smelt of mothballs
No matress protector
Plug socket crammed with plugs and cables everywhere
Wouldn't let my dog stay there let alone another human being
Written a complaint email to the hotel, funny enough no answer or reply yet......

It's a shame Trip Advisor doesn't have a rating for abominable because that's all this place would get.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Louise F

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel dated!!bedrooms dirty and old! No mattress protesters on beds and stained!toilets stank of wee and pubic hair on floors! Breakfast ok , but tasteless and toast like boards and hard ! hash browns unedible!seats in bedroom all stained!!! The lift is the most dangerous lift I have ever been in,a so small!!the car park at the back is small and to look at the hotel from the back looks like the Bronx!!! No wonder everyone there had gone through groupon or wowcher!!!we had paid for a few days but stayed one!!!!good thing was the staff were friendly and the singer good!!couldnt wait to get out of there!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Farrah E
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I travelled to this hotel on a recommendation from a friend, and i found the whole experience very good.The hotel itself was very well kept and clean, with a nice atmosphere and excellent decor. The room i stayed in was very well equipped, and the bed itself was incredibly comfortable. The staff were amazing; they were warm and friendly and essentially made me feel like part of the family. If that wasn't enough, the Sunday Dinner was easily one of the best i have had, which i consider quite a feat. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to Neath. Quite simply a must stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have never been to Neath before and during December 2012, we stayed in The Ambassador Hotel for 3 nights.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for making us feel very welcome. The food was absolutely lovely and was lucky enough to have what is known as the best Sunday lunch in the country. Well... it definitely lived up to it! The rooms were very nice and we all got a fantastic night sleep every night.

We would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Rather tired looking; reception areas ok, bedrooms need attention. Our room was warm, clean but beds hard.
Food adequate, but disappointing. Well served and presented but lacking in flavour.Tasted if meats and sweets purchased pre cooked and re heated in kitchens. Vegs better. Breakfast extremely good, well cooked.Staff pleasant and obliging.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Several weeks ago, I reserved a table at the Ambassador "Silver Service" Restaurant for 9 people + extra room for a small baby, for our Mother's Day family get-together. When we arrived on Sunday, I was very upset to be told that I'd only booked for 4 people and there was no way they could accommodate us!!!!!!! The staff were polite but when I asked to speak to the manager, expecting him to sort something out, he was rude and obnoxious and treated us as if it was our fault!!
We were eventually offered a table at the Carvery in the adjoining President's Bar Restaurant but were told we would have only 50 minutes to eat and get out to make room for other customers. This was finally sorted and we were told that we had as much time as we needed.
The food was superb, as it has been for many years, and the staff were very courteous and helpful, but the whole experience was too upsetting for us to fully enjoy our meal.
This was not our first bad experience with disorganisation at this restaurant. I remember my late father, several years ago, comparing our experience to Fawlty Towers!! What a shame for the chef and kitchen staff who provide one of the best Sunday lunches in the country!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suephils
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had a Sunday diner here this weekend it was the carvery I must say that the beef was in the mouth the rest of the buffet was delicious and plenty of it the only thing I could find fault with was that the, I think cabbage, was a pile of concealed green stuff in a small bowl so not very appetizing otherwise I would give them a 5 star.

By the way it's my 3rd visit and I have had the same opinion each time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neath
0 mi away
Ibis Swansea
#7 of 22 in Swansea
1 mi away
Cwmbach Cottages Guest House

Been to The Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!