We stayed at Cardigan Bay for a week just before Oct half term. We had booked Cardigan (basic) caravan and as weather had turned colder, was worried that we were in for a miserable time. When we arrived (5pm) we had a warm welcome and was delighted that they had upgraded us to Poppit. The shop was also welcome as we were able to get a few bits and pieces (wine!). The caravan was lovely, clean,spacious with plenty of storage space. They even provided us with a blower heater for the bedroom and there was a gas fire in the front room. The shower cubicle was spotless (no sign of any mould) and spacious enough to accommodate both of us and there was lots of hot water. There was a separate toilet. As there was only two of us, we did not need to use the 2nd bedroom. The kitchen was well equipped with a full size cooker, grill, microwave, fridge freezer,toaster, kettle. The welcome pack tea & coffee was appreciated. Although the weather rained during the nights during the day it kept reasonably dry and we were able to go down to the beach (10 minutes walk) or go for walks or to explore the area. We did walk into St Dogmaels one evening (50 minutes) and had a meal in Ferry Inn(nice) but we were happy to relax in our caravan after using the wonderful swimming pool and hot tub in the tropical pool complex. The hot tubs were the best I've used and it was nice in the swimming pool too. Unfortunately the complex closed at 6pm due to Health & Safety. There was no overpowering smell of chlorine in the waters. We had some really nice meals (lobster and crab) prepared by Mandy in St Dogmaels in our caravan and we were not bothered as to whether there were evening entertainment or a bar/restaurant facilities. The caravan site did not feel cramped or concreted and very clean and green with plenty of trees. Staff are friendly. There's only about 100 caravans and they were spread out so that you are not on top of another. This was the first caravan holiday that we've really enjoyed and would love to return again. We have no hesitation in recommending this park to those who appreciate peace and quiet and its uniqueness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park is set in a peaceful and secluded south facing valley which is situated just 300 yards from the golden sands of Poppit Beach near to the town of Cardigan. The park is graded 5 star by Visit Wales and is the perfect base to Relax and Explore the surrounding area. It has recently been awarded the UK Seaside and Blue Flag Award and is one of the leading caravan parks in south walesPoppit Sands is a charming a place as the name suggests, the extensive natural sand dunes and boating jetties perfectly frame this pristine sandy beach. The views of:Cardigan BayTeifi estuaryThese are simply stunning and will literally take your breath away. Poppit is an ideal location to enjoy a full range of water activities or spend days on the beach with the family. The demanding waves make good sailing and surfing and the beach is safe for swimming with lifeguards present during the summer months. The northern end of the Pembrokeshire Coastal path begins here where an array of picture perfect views, panoramas and a rich variety of landscape and wildlife can be enjoyed. The unspoilt coastline is a haven for seals, porpoises and even bottle-nosed dolphins. Our park has been designed to offer you and your family a safe and fun experience. Our unique tropical heated pool complex " The Cove" has a retractable roof which allows you to enjoy the facility whatever the weather, making Cardigan Bay the ideal location for a short break, holiday or even a second home of your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cardigan Bay Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park Hotel St. Dogmaels
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Park St. Dogmaels, Wales - Pembrokeshire