“Great hotel.”
Review of Stackpole Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stackpole
Stackpole Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Stackpole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Very good hotel! Friendly staff, great bar and top location. Try the steak. Superb!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Stackpole Inn

Reviewed 1 March 2010

We stayed here at the last minute (having not been able to stay in the B&B we'd originally booked in Pembroke, because it was so dire!) - and arriving at the Stackpole Inn was a massive relief. A lovely cosy little pub, with rooms in a separate building. The room we had was light and airy and well decorated. The bathroom was gorgeous, with lovely fresh towels, and the only slight negative was that the water pressure could have been greater - but that is a really tiny point that wouldn't stop me staying again! We both cook and are pretty fussy about quality but the food at the Stackpole was really fabulous. Lovely pate with an apricot chutney to start with, followed by chicken breast on a puree of butternut squash and garlic for me and a steak for my partner, both very good. The staff were friendly without being intrusive. I would definitely stay here if in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2009

The pub has added 4 rooms in a plain annexe and no views but the rooms were a super surprise - clean, warm, well designed and equipped with feather pillows and duvets and tea making facilities etc and nice en suite showers with hot towel radiator. Location is fantastic, close to Stackpole Quay and Manorbier and miles of wonderful Pembroke cliffs and coast line. B&B price very good for all this. Dinner was decent, fresh mackerel excellent, and service very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We visited the Stackpole Inn recently for Sunday lunch with a party of nine. The whole experience was very disappointing both in terms of service and the meal itself.

We had reservations and arrived at 1:30pm. Even at this time, two of the four main courses on the Sunday lunch menu (roast beef & roast lamb) were no longer available. Ultimately two of the three deserts on the lunch menu were also sold out...

The waiter took our food order and we asked to place our order of drinks. In a somewhat over-abrupt way, he said that he would take care of the food first and come back to take the drinks later. He never did. We left waiting without drinks for 10-15 minutes. We then tried to place the drinks order at the bar and were sent back to our table where the order was finally taken.

The food itself was disappointing. Small portions – pre-covered all in gravy (to hide the small portions?). We had to request an extra serving of vegetables for our table.

Really with poor food and poor service, there was no redeeming factor. Everyone in our party was shocked how bad the experience was and I can’t see us visiting again. Shame since the inn itself is charming.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank Tokyo_JapanAndrewT
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My partner and I visited The Stackpole for dinner a few weeks ago after a recommendation from a friend. Our visit overall was a pleasant experience. On arrival the car park was almost full, which obviously is encouraging but we did bare in mind that if we were to return parking may be a problem. Its location is a bit out of the way but worth the trip as the quality of food is high. There was a warm and welcoming feel to the pub and I immediately felt comfortable. The menu was simple (which I think is always a good sign) and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Our table was a bit close to the entrance and bar for my liking as I felt we were being over looked however the staff were attentive and friendly.

If I was to visit again I would choose the leg of lamb, my partner choose this and the meat simply fell away from the bone....it was lovely! Probably the best cooked meat I have ever tasted! My steak was cooked well with the best onion rings I have ever had! However the vegetables that came with it could have been to a better standard. Their facilities could also be improved as I think they were below average standard. This was a shame considering how lovely everything else was. We had to ask for the bill three times before we decided to go to the bar and pay which I thought was a shame also. However I would defintely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LittleLadyNewForest
Reviewed 28 May 2009

On a short stay in Pembrokeshire my husband and I dined at the Stackpole Inn. We were led to believe that it was one of the finest dining experiences we could have in that part of Wales. We were looking for a quiet and romantic evening. Part of the problem was we were sat on a table opposite the main entrance and right next to the bar. In my opinion this table should never have been placed there. Everyone who came to the bar interrupted our meal. At one point a group of about 8 young men who had been out for a days sailing stood at the bar and talked rather loudly and robustly of their day. I found their language somewhat colourful.
Anyway on to the food. Our starters were lovely, but the waitress cleared our bread away before we had finished. Our main problem was with the main course. My husband had scallops, which he said were grity and were overwhelmed by the taste of the sauce. I had the lamb.... Come on how can you go wrong with Welsh lamb! but they did, it was tastless, I could have been eating any meat, I really could not distinguish it as lamb. Our vegetables arrived about 10 minutes after our main course with an apology that the waitress had dropped our original vegetables and had to get new ones. I guess this can happen. All in all I could not wait for the experience to be over, Not the romantic evening we had planned, and I would not return to repeat the experience. By the way if you want a lovely meal for a fraction of the price try the Lydstep Tavern, now they knew how to cook a beautiful piece of lamb.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank littlelamb08
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Stackpole Inn. I lovely find in a rural location. It suited our purpose perfectly. Unfortunately due to commitments we were unable to dine during the evening, so I can not comment on that. However the lunchtime menu was excellant- Mussels and Fish Cakes and the breakfast was excellant too.
The room are just a short stroll across the car park. No noise at all from the Inn.
Clean, spacious and tidy rooms. Bottled water provided free of charge which is a lovely added touch. Scatter Cushions on the bed could have done with some clean covers, or better still not being there at all. WiFi available in the Bar too.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappySue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stackpole
Grove of Narberth
#2 of 2 in Pembroke Dock
Beggars Reach Hotel
Beggars Reach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burton

Been to Stackpole Inn? Share your experiences!