“Comfortable, relaxing & well-equipped with a...”
other travellers have booked this property
Double bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Double bedroom
twin bedroom
Rear garden area with sea views
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

hereandth...
England
“Comfortable, relaxing & well-equipped with a stunning view”
Reviewed 29 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

We stayed here recently on a 3 night break. The location is ideal.. not far from the coastal path.. although the place is so relaxing with such a lovely view it was tempting to stay in the cottage all the time . We had lovely Welshcakes left for us on arrival and the cottage was so well-equipped it was like being in a home-from-home. The cottage was also immaculate.
A huge plus for us and the main reason we chose this cottage was that it is dog-friendly. There is a large communal field which our dog loved to run around, We ate out once at the Harbour Inn, Solva where we had a good value for money meal and again our dog was allowed to stay with us !
I would definately not hesitate to highly recommend this cottage .. our only disappointment was that we hadn't booked to stay longer there!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Gloucester
Reviewed 24 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Other
West Yorks
Reviewed 17 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Management Response
17 Aug 2011
Thank you for your comments. In terms of the location the description clearly states that it is just outside of the main village however the address is indeed Solva. The location is also clearly displayed on the ‘View Map’ option on the website.

The walk to the coastal path does involve a very short walk along the main road as you mentioned, however the other option is to catch the puffin shuttle bus that stops virtually outside the cottage. This bus stops at various points along the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and is ideal for walkers and can be used to hop on and hop off when and where you wish.
Wendover
Reviewed 6 June 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
LouB03
Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
“Good as long as you aren't paying full price”
Reviewed 5 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

This flat is in a nice location with a sea view and has potential for comfort/luxury but we found it in need of some tlc. This may be due to it being out of season. As we were not paying full price we were happy to accept it but the lights in the kitchen were faulty, part of a light fitting in the bathroom fell down while we were there, the microwave door was broken, the fridge door didn't shut properly as the hinge had dropped and the tv casing was broken. Also there were no batteries for the tv remote. Had we paid full high season price we would have been less accepting. There is ample parking and the dog/child friendly garden is a plus. Also the tea/coffee/milk/welsh cakes on arrival isa nice touch.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
5 Mar 2011
I was very sorry to hear that this visitor did not have a positive stay in Ty’r Gwalch. I was aware that three spotlights in the kitchen were faulty, and I explained that the electrician was booked for Monday. I can understand that this was not helpful for this visitor as they were on a short break. However I would like to add that the electrical installation of Ty’r Gwalch is of modern standard, therefore the kitchen also has the benefit of down lighters, under cupboard lights and cooker hood lighting, which were all working fine. All removable fittings are replaced instantly when they are faulty or not fit for purpose. The bathroom light shade became detached during the customers stay, and I was not made aware of this at the time. This was also replaced during the electricians visit.

I introduced myself at the time of the customers’ arrival, live on site, and keep a supply of bulbs and batteries. I am sorry if the TV batteries were missing and must assume that the customer replaced them at their own expense. I make every effort to make a stay in Ty’r Gwalch happy, comfortable and memorable, however things like this can sometimes happen and unfortunately are unavoidable.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$117
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing