“Cosy cottage for a peaceful & romantic retreat”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Steadster
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Cosy cottage for a peaceful & romantic retreat”
Reviewed 17 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

The Cwtch is a delightful little cottage with a very cosy feel. It is exactly as you see on the photos. The sat nav took us to pound farm just down the road, Cwmllechwedd Fawr is around the corner from there, but is signposted. The owner was very helpful via email when I was ordering my Tescos delivery a few days before we arrived, and came to see us the evening we arrived to check everything was ok.

The kitchen is well equipped, and there are lots of DVDs, games, puzzles etc provided if you fancy a lazy day or night at the cottage. There is no phone signal but Wi-Fi worked fine and there is plenty of information in the drawers about things to do and places to visit.
You can help yourself to logs from the shed for the fire which gave the cottage a fantastic warm and cosy feel.
The view from the hot tub was beautiful, perfect to relax in after a day exploring (Ok, shopping!) with a glass of prosecco!
The bed was very comfortable which was a bonus!
All in all, we had a lovely relaxing weekend in this idyllic cottage and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and family.

Date of stay: December 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
welshAbby
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I can’t wait to come back!!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

My partner and I wanted to do something special for my 21st birthday. We couldn’t afford to go abroad, so we spent our first holiday together, and my birthday at the cwtch! And it was absolutely amazing, I think I’d rather stay here than go abroad anyways!
Getting there was a slight struggle. The satnav took us close, but there were a few cottages around and with no sign posting and no phone signal, we were driving around for over half an hour looking for the right one haha!
But when we got there it was beautiful. Immaculate! The cottage is exactly as it shows in the pictures right down to the throws and cushions! It was simply beautiful.
It was so quiet and peaceful! We spent our evenings in the hot tub, for hours at a time (which I know isn’t recommended), with bottles of wine, talking until the night sky was moon lit.
We spend our days going on adventures! We went down into Llandrindod Wells, there’s a cute gift shop that we got some presents in, and a wooden decoration reading ‘cwtch’, which is currently on my bedroom wall right now! We did lots. They have a beautiful chip shop, and we had a wonderful Chinese on my actual birth day and brought it back to the lodge as it’s only a 20 min drive once you know the way!
The landlord, we only saw them on arrive, and they were lovely, very welcoming and polite. We were worried we’d have no privacy as their cottage is right next to the one we stayed in, but we didn’t see them at all after that!
The house rules were fair. Maybe not what you’d expect on holiday, as you’ve really got to leave the place as you found it, ensuing the floors are clean, bed is stripped, you know you’ve got to clean it so it’s ready for the next person to come and stay. You must also separate all your rubbish into the glass, plastic and cardboard bins. We didn’t mind any of this because I’m a cleaning fanatic and we recycle at home anyways! But others may find it a bit of a chore haha!
Overall, I’d give the cwtch a 5/5 if your looking for a real relax. No phone signal. They do have WiFi, but to be perfectly honest, it doesn’t work. It’s nice to enjoy your partners company without a phone for a holiday though, and that’s coming from a 21 year old phone addict haha! The only entertainment is a walk and if your happy to drive and explore, Llandrindod Wells town, which is just like a little town with a few shops! They have pages of things to do and places to eat in their welcome pack when you get there anyways!
So we were extremely happy with our stay, and I will definetly be returning!
Thankyou very much!

Date of stay: May 2017
Paul T
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“The cwtch ”
Reviewed 8 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Me and my wife came hete for our first wedding anniversary at the beginning of may and I think it was the best decision we made that weekend, was a lovely getaway just the two of us and we both loved every minute of it.
The barn conversion was of a very high standard and well set out, the land on which it was on was brilliant and the owners were very pleasant and very helpful both lovely people.
The hot tub was amazing and very well complimented by the spectacular scenery of the hills and farm land, very relaxing.
On our actual anniversary the owner was more than happy to let us both help feed the little lambs they have on site and we both thaught it was the highlight of our day and weekend to finnish off the best weekend away.
Will definitely visit again and would happily recommend to friends and family (which we already have) thank you for a warm welcomr and amazing weekend all our best Paul & Jo Temple.

Date of stay: May 2016
Management Response
10 Jun 2016
We are absolutely over the moon that you had a lovely stay and wonderful anniversary celebration at The Cwtch, thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. It sounds like the perfect romantic retreat, especially with the beautiful scenery and that hot tub to enjoy! We certainly hope you return for another holiday very soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.